PDA

View Full Version : Need Y a Madmatt

MIKE MOG
05-10-2005, 17:37
Hi Matt,
I planning on going on vacation at the end of June pulling a 10.000 lb camper. So far I did a LOF, changed the fuel filter and the rear diff fluid, I have 38k on the truck, What else would you recommend. I don't want to see any problems on the road. We don't work on diesels at the Dealership yet, but I heard Cadillac maybe getting a baby duramax in the future. I have a the new style park switch ready to go in. Would you recommend a fuel additive? After reading about so many fuel injector problems Im a little freaked out about the trip. Nice to talk to you again and thanks for the info!
Mike

madmatt
05-11-2005, 18:14
Hey Mike! I'd change the spin on tranny filter (don't forget the magnet on top of the filter) and add a little Stanadyne fuel conditoner. When did you change the fuel filter last? I recommend every 10K. did you ever get your noise figured out? Where ya going on your trip?

MIKE MOG
05-12-2005, 17:52
Hi, Matt
A big NO on the noise. I havent even put the electronic ear to it yet. I havent had it loaded enough to make the noise. I just changed the fuel filter 3 weeks ago. and the same with the engine oil. We going to Hilton head at the end of June. I did take your advice and picked up a park switch for the allison. now trying to find the time to install it is a different story. I will get a filter at work this week. Where do I get the fuel additive at? Is it a GM thing? IM trying not to worry about the fuel injectors bailing out on me on the way to S.C. but its still in the back of my head. That could ruin the whole vacation. We will be pulling the camper, about 10K or close to it. I can't wait to see what a Duramax will do in the Mountians with that kind of weight. Thanks for the info Matt! and nice to hear from ya again!
Mike

jbplock
05-13-2005, 00:43
Originally posted by MIKE MOG:
...Where do I get the fuel additive? Is it a GM thing?Mike,

Here's a GM Tech Link article on Diesel Fuel Additives (http://service.gm.com/gmtechlink/images/issues/apr03/TLApr03e.html#story1)

JeffsTowTruck
05-13-2005, 00:50
I USE THE FPPF, "TOTAL POWER" FUEL ADDITIVE THAT KENNEDY DIESEL SELLS. I CAN TELL A SMALL DIFF. WHEN PULLING. I GUESS BECAUSE IT UPS THE CETANE A LITTLE BIT. I HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN IT LOCAL AT A DIESEL SHOP HERE IN TOWN. YOU MIGHT CK. IN YOUR TOWN. SEEMS TO BE GOOD STUFF.
HAVE FUN AT THE BEACH!!

madmatt
05-13-2005, 17:37
I recommend the Stanadyne only because it's listed by name in the bulletin. Also I just read the updated version of the bulletin and they added the Racor Power Shot Plus to the bulletin.