PDA

View Full Version : Suncoast - new packages

big dipper
07-11-2003, 16:10
If you look at Suncoast's web page, they have new kits or "stages" that you can "upgrade" the Allison.

George

chevmeister
07-11-2003, 20:40
and the webpage is?

mackin
07-11-2003, 20:46
http://www.suncoastconverters.com/

As perdicted .....

Mac :rolleyes:

chevmeister
07-11-2003, 20:48
Ok im a little slow you have to speak slowly and use small words.
Oh and thanks Mac

on edit anyone got 5 G's I can borrow.

sdaver
07-11-2003, 21:19
If your factory transmission has been operated with power levels above OEM settings it is almost certain you will find friction deterioration on one or more clutch packs. If this is the case installation of Stage I or Stage II would not achieve the desired performance or durability level your truck deserves. If the replacement of clutch assembly's is required we recommend Stage III or IV to obtain desired levels of performance..............mine needed all the parts :D :D :D no limp no slip no regrets :D

Burner
07-11-2003, 21:46
Ok, Who's this..... Sun Coast. Sounds like a pretty neat setup. They let ya know, from the beginning, where your tranny stands. ;) looks like I'll need the full setup. :eek: :D

Thanks George :D I just had to rib a little. tongue.gif

Burner------> :D

big dipper
07-11-2003, 21:52
I figured you would be around sooner or later....it was just a matter of time! ;)

Let me point out......"STAGES" and "UPGRADES"!!!
(kinda like ATS, hmmmm)

You do realize I wasn't going to just sit back, don't you? :D

George

[ 07-11-2003, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: big dipper ]

mtomac
07-11-2003, 22:43
does the 2 year unlimited warranty only come with stage 4?

are they still running the free install deal?

$4300 for level 4. Did the price come down $500? I thought it was $4800 before.

Burner
07-11-2003, 23:40
Please show me where other "upgrade" builders have said
If your factory transmission has been operated with power levels above OEM settings it is almost certain you will find friction deterioration on one or more clutch packs. If this is the case installation of Stage I or Stage II would not achieve the desired performance or durability level your truck deserves. If the replacement of clutch assembly's is required we recommend Stage III or IV to obtain desired levels of performance.
Can you say buyer beware..... hello. The "others" appear to just stage it up... and up..... and up.... until you have reached the end. These are expensive steps compared to the "one stop" shopping. tongue.gif Bantering aside.... I will say that "all" of the upgraders (ATS, B&D, Sun Coast) that we knock around are really good at what they do. I don't think that 410 HP would really kill any of them in full dress. However, I am stuck on the Sun Coast system.......... that's just me smile.gif I like stuff that lasts a long time, just like you. We bought GMCs!

Burner---------> :D

[ 07-12-2003, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: Burner ]

big dipper
07-12-2003, 05:26
However, I am suck on the Sun Coast system .......... that's just me I like stuff that lasts a long time Well, uh, Burner, I like Suncoast too, but not that much...... :D :D

Burner
07-12-2003, 05:50
Allright, I goofed... It's a good thing that I don't have no problem with my id.

Burner-----> :D

tpitt
07-12-2003, 07:39
Apparently burner got his Suncoast for a real good price. :D :D :D

Also, the Bd isn't just stages. They go through the whole transmission, replacing all of the clutchs and adding extras where needed. They also do something with the solenoids and other things. They do use the stock torque converter, after it is taken apart checked , cleaned and rewelded. tpitt

king D
07-12-2003, 08:33
you are correct on thebd ssystem they do not build in stages,only a finished product.jury is out on the torque con so far so good,no noticeable slips yet

mackin
07-12-2003, 10:27
Slip a TC ????
Come'on really ..... tongue.gif

Mac :D :D :D

cowboywildbill
07-13-2003, 17:47
So am I to understand that if I run in level 4 with a 90 hp juice driving empty and tow in level 2 that I will have a problem? Or is it only a problem if I limp it or want to add more power, and then need to upgrade the tranny? I was under the impression that if I stayed with the reg juice, that it wouldn't hurt the tranny. I have 31,000 on the truck with no problems except an occasional slam into 4th gear at wide open throttle while in level 4, and I think that was the tcm locking up the torque converter before the shift happened, once in a blue moon. I thought these allys could hold the reg juice with out any problems. Let me know what the verdict is. I have never had a limp or a problem and when I put the deep pan on and transynd in last month, I found no evidence of any clutch mateirial in the old pan. And no metal on the filter magnet. And the fluid looked great. So I am confused. Thanks.

sdaver
07-13-2003, 21:12
If you are satisfied with the 90 hp performance and it sounds like you are.........you should be good to go (as you are now) my problems arrived with the stacking of the lower predator settings on top of the hot juice and were also complicated by changing my tranny fluid to amsoils synthetic(too! slippery). At the time I was not really stacking for more performance but the 40 hp level would allow me to raise the speed limiter and later adjust my tire size(which I guess Is more Performance :D ) (which is now accomplished with a zero tune Thanks Johan) Tonight, I looked at my old clutches down in my workshop and could not help but think that there are some guys on the east coast whose tranny parts must look just like mine... they are just in denial :D :D time will tell but Im still very happy with the suncoast upgrade :D dave

king D
07-14-2003, 04:50
would that be upper,central or lower east cost tongue.gif

mackin
07-14-2003, 04:54
Something tells me he is right in the heart of the NorthEast corrider ,New England ..... ;)

But it aint me ..... I checked my tranny ,automatics are
suppose to slip,that's how they work ....If they didn't I'd snap my telephone pole ....

Duh .... tongue.gif

Mac :D :D :D

[ 07-14-2003, 04:59 AM: Message edited by: mackin ]

sdaver
07-14-2003, 18:58
ole mac the knife read my mind......its not a novel more like a short story :D

cowboywildbill
07-15-2003, 14:51
Thanks for the reply, You all had me scared for a minute there. I would like more power, but if I did add more power, my wife would slip my clutches for sure.