PDA

View Full Version : What some off you Big Dually owners been waiting for ........

mackin
05-22-2002, 20:16
Finally I got them on.My tires and rims ...... It's a good news bad news thing ... First off they look real good .....Great tires, Sweet looking Rims ..... I didn't put the lug nut covers on, cause I want to re torque them ....... The guy did a good job balancing them. I'll by him a six pack and drop it off, he wants to see them anyway .... I went with weights on the outside out back, cause I want it smooth so I forgave the looks. It worked ... Smooth as Hell .......

OK now the bad stuff .... 235/85's will require spacers ... I'll continue to be YOUR GUINEA PIG. I'll be ordering them ..... Also I'm going to have to take the "JUICE' off and bring it in. Two reasons, way more brake dust and wear on the left rear. Bad caliper I suspect. May be my squeaking .... Plus them leaking axles seals. Bad enough I can smell LUBE. That pi**es me off ..... Why can't GM do it right the first time?Every truck I owned .......Both sides ...... In any rate see my PIC trail under ULTRA WHEELS ..... Lots of PICS .......We all love PICS , Well I do ..... Sorry so late, No it only took me about an Hour .... Had to take the wifey shopping ...... Got to take care of her , so she takes care of me . I'm out of MONEY so I can not afford a "HAPPY ENDING" at the massage parlor ..........For a little while .....

MAC :D :D

NutNbutGMC
05-22-2002, 20:25
^...Mack Daddy, you rock. Would you mind testing out that new chip (posted in another thread here) that the dealer like so very much, but couldn't find the part number" (LMFAO)? Don't tell the wife before-hand, though. :D :D

Maverick
05-22-2002, 20:45
Looks real good Mack Daddy!! I looking for rims myself.

mdrag
05-22-2002, 21:28
mackin,

Sharp lookin' wheels!! The way you have been JUICIN', you better start looking for a deal on the next set of tires... :D

56Nomad
05-23-2002, 09:15
Mackin,

Please let us know where you get your
spacers..... thanks!

Nice truck you have.

IndigoDually
05-23-2002, 09:46
To H@ll with spacers, where can I get a "happy ending" :D :D

Silver Bullet
05-23-2002, 15:05
mackin - all that brake dust and squeaking (from crystalizing your brake shoes) is from powerbraking with the "juice"!!! smile.gif Lookin' good!!!

CanadaKev
05-23-2002, 17:37
Mac' Truck looks great!!
Figured you'd need the spacers for the 285's smile.gif
I ordered mine yesterday from correctrack. I know, 350 clams!! ouch!! But I'll sacrifice cost for quality and safety anyday. They seem to be the best made one on the market and definitely are not mickey mouse!

CanadaKev
05-23-2002, 17:41
Sorry, I meant 235/85's not 285's.
p.s. Where did you get the wheels?

mackin
05-23-2002, 19:01
CanadaKev,
I got some info on spacers ,(IndigoDually) you already know ...... I got a message from a guy on the TDR about spacers awhile back ........ He is running them with no problem .? They are 2" Billet alum. With there on studs for second wheel as you are getting ...... I was told $90 a side ....... Big difference ...... I've done and still are doing research on them .? Prices do vary a lot ..... This being said I called there today 1 714 772 1281 Wheel Warehouse. Some dude answered said they don't sell them ..... Man I'll tell you here I go again ... well I'm not giving up The guy gave me an EXT 103 , talk to Alex, so I'm going to do that tomorrow ..... I will see ...... $350 a set is a lot of clams but as you state quality comes at a price ..... But I got to look into them other first ......

Where did I get the wheels ......... ? Well, E-mail me and I'll tell you ........

NUTTIN what can I say, you were so right, MICHELIN ===>MICHELIN ====> NUFF said .........NUTTIN BUT ......

Thanks for the compliments. I did get the lug nut covers on, I posted the PICS , ( OH Mr. MP, HOW ARE YOU MAKING OUT ON THE NEW SOFTWARE) and I do not mind saying ...... My DUALLY looks DAM good ....... Not to mention the PONY EXPRESS showed up today with the "90" WH**E'S - POWER "JUICE" ..........They are dancing under my hood right now ..... More on that later .... I'll tease ya ...... tongue.gif tongue.gif

MAC :D :D