PDA

View Full Version : Low Fuel Warning

Ram
10-10-2002, 10:03
Any info on how much fuel could be left when the warning comes on? I have the longbed so I have 34gal tank.

When the warning comes on, I typically put in only 26 gallons (US). I don't do any heroic efforts to fill the tank, just till the handle clicks off.

Black Dog
10-10-2002, 10:31
You have just posted and then answered your own question. Mine works just the same, and I also fill till it trips and get on my way.

Ram
10-10-2002, 13:30
No,

once the low fuel warning comes on, how much is left in the tank? 3 gallons, 4 gallons, 5?

I know when I put 26 gallons in, pump stops, I go on my way. Simple math would be 34-26=8 gallons left in my tank. But, I don't believe I'm getting 34 gallons in my tank so I would assume that I have less than 8 gallons left when the low fuel warning comes on. What I'm trying to find out is how less. I want to know what kind of cushion I can expect once the warning comes on. I know I could experiment and find out, but I don't wanna take the chance.

Bill McGouirk
10-10-2002, 20:25
Ram,
I wonder the same thing when I fill up I have never put more than 26 Gal in. I have a std. cab long bed Dmax 4x4 I looked at the tank and there is a 34gal sticker on the tank. How can the light come on with 8 gal left?

I will ask the dealer at the next oil change

Bill

IndigoDually
10-10-2002, 21:22
Well I tried it today. I drove about 8 miles after the light came on and I squeezed 30 gal. in. This is only the second time in 15k that the light has come on.

John