PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy high watt bulb replacements

SledZep
07-05-2003, 16:03
I Just lost my second low beam 70W I think that I bought from JK. I saw on his site that he can no longer get those bulbs so I went searching...

The best price I have found are @ JCWhitney

http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=179912&BQ=sv

There is a list on that page. I bought the

80-Watt 9006 Diamond White Halogen Bulb
# 81ZX7301X
@ $ 14.99

It does not say who makes them. I bought 2 to be sure the color/brightness is equal on both sides.

Report to follow when they get in. :D

mackin
07-05-2003, 17:30
I thought the lows on the JK harness (best in the business I will add ) were 55w Phillips ???

Eighty watt lows might get a few flashes,and then some .....

Mac :confused:

chuntag95
07-05-2003, 21:02
If you go to truck performance dot com, they have a wide selection of higher watt bulbs. I got 70 watt for the lows and 130's for the highs. :eek: They are blue, which I don't like, but they were the only 70's I could find and I didn't want to go to the 80's or stay with the 55's. I did consider the SilverStars, but thought I would try these Ichabahn first. I have been running them a couple of weeks with no flashes yet. Time will tell.

DMAX Daddy
07-05-2003, 21:07
If nothing else, the Silver Stars and Kennedy's harness make a great combo. :D

ccds
07-06-2003, 06:30
Try this address, scroll down to H3 & H4
there is an assortment of high watt bulbs.

I have been using these ones and they last as long as the Philips bulbs. Here is the link:

http://www.eiko-ltd.com/eiko/catpage.asp?section=9&subsection=0&subsubsection=0

smile.gif

Kennedy
07-06-2003, 07:51
Phillips has discontinued the Rally (70w low 100w high) series bulb.

All I have is the Phillips Premium. They DO put out more light than stock,
but are like the PIAA in that they put more light on the road with stock
wattages.

I get a chuckle when I meet trucks with the noticeably blue bulbs as they put far LESS light on the road, just change your perception. Any time you coat/tint the bulb you supress the light output.

I'm hoping that Hella comes back with something, but definitely not anxious to order many till they prove themselves...

SledZep
07-06-2003, 08:02
The original ones from JK were 70w lows.
I have never been flashed in over a year with them. I do get waved at alot by people in economy cars in front of me. Never from oncoming vehicles though. And I am forbidden from following my wife home... :eek:

The 70's were great and I would have stayed with them but did not see any other 70W bulbs when I looked. When searching the JCwhitney catalog didn't even come up, I read a reference to them from an Acura NSX site.

mackin
07-06-2003, 08:26
Where did I get the 55W from ??? Is that stock low?? :confused:

Any ho the KD harness is show nuff brite ..... Anybody who has been in my truck at night will contest to it ....

Mac ;)

sdaver
07-06-2003, 10:06
oh mac thats just your glowing personality.... :D