PDA

View Full Version : ZF6 Clutch Questions

MaxRock
07-01-2003, 10:53
My '02 has approximately 53k miles. I've noticed my clutch does not engage as early as it did. When I first bought the truck, the clutch engaged around .5 to 1" from the floor. Today I noticed it is almost 3" from the floor before it engages.

Let me give you a little background before you tell me it's my driving style. I've owned 3 trucks (2) 3/4 tons and (1) 1/2 ton with over 200k miles on the factory clutch. I've owned nothing but handshakers since '79 without a clutch problem.

Any one else having this symptom??? Any ideas???

Thanks,
MaxRock

1BADDMAX
07-01-2003, 12:58
My truck has nearly 57k miles. The clutch feels exactly the same as the day I bought the truck. I did have the whole clutch pedal and slave cylinder assembly replaced at about 30k miles because of the infamous squeek. Hopefully the dual mass flywheel won't give any trouble. I don't abuse the clutch but have done some hard runs.

crafty
07-02-2003, 08:15
I have 50,000 kms on mine and the luthch still feels the same as at the first. I replaced the flywheel a year ago but that is all. Is there any adjustments that could change to cause that?