PDA

View Full Version : Slip on towing mirrors

bickford
05-13-2002, 15:34
Is there a good slip-on mirror for towing with my 2002 electric-mirrored 3500?

When I tow my 8 foot wide 5th wheel, I can't tell if there are cars behind me on a straight road. I've seen some at RV shops, but don't know which are the best.

I searched and found lots of articles on replacement mirrors, but not temporary slip-ons.

Thanks,
Joel

Lyndal
05-13-2002, 15:42
Take a look at Camping World. They have a couple of different ones.

http://www.campingworld.com/

Smorey
05-13-2002, 17:26
Joel,

I just bought the ones from Camping World. They fit great, and I am very pleased. They pop right over the frame of the "silver backed" mirrors (if thats the style you have. If you need a model number let me know and I'll go dig the box out.

Mark

AKDmax
05-13-2002, 21:27
Kmart had the slip on mirrors from CIPA. Looked like they would work ok and seemed large enough. The CIPA website also lists a slip on Part #8802 but I'm not sure if it will fit the heated mirrors. Both mirrors at this site: http://www.drawtite.com/towing%20mirror%20page.htm Please post when you decide, I am looking for a set also.

[ 05-13-2002: Message edited by: AKDmax ]</p>

stanbro
05-14-2002, 02:24
I have a set of the slip on mirrors that I would like to sell. They are the CIPA mirrors that you can see at CampingWorld. I recently purchased the Lucerix mirrors so don't need them anymore. I am in Oregon so the shipping fees would be reasonable. They are like new, only used them two times.

You can contact me at stanbro@easystreet.com

White Knight
05-14-2002, 04:19
For a good alternative to the slip on mirror or the replacement mirrors, see: http://www.nosway.com/mckeshmirrors.html

This McKesh mirror straps on the door and gives an excellent view to the rear. I think the convex mirror is a good option to get. I have used the slip-on mirrors, but I like the McKesh much better. Once the mirrors are adjusted, they can be installed about as quickly as the slip-on mirrors.

sk
05-15-2002, 12:34
Check http://www.cipamirrors.com -- they manufacture the ones that AKDmax talked about. You can buy direct from them but if you shop around or check eBay you can find them cheaper (there are currently quite a few styles for sale on eBay). I'm looking for a set myself and just spent the last few days looking at different ones and trying them out on my truck. The kind that "strap" or "clamp" on worked okay, but they seemed more prone to vibrate going down the road. The slip-on ones from Cipa were very stable and easy to install and adjust.

stanbro -- Are the mirrors you are looking to sell off of your 2001? I'm looking for a set for a 94 Chevy.

Scott

8.1 HD
05-15-2002, 15:28
Sk, you may be in luck my friend, I believe that I still have my slip-on mirrors off of my 97 Tahoe, that is if your other deal falls through. Let me know so I can start digging for them.

Woops, sorry sk, it just hit me that you said 94, mine won't fit either they only fit 95-98 p-up's, your mirrors are the all chrome version.

[ 05-15-2002: Message edited by: 8.1 HD ]</p>

AKDmax
05-15-2002, 21:31
Stanbro,
Check your mail...

Buck
05-20-2002, 09:58
I have a pair of CIPA slip on mirrors that I want to sell $30 I only used them a couple times.

www.mildave@ticon.net

AKDmax
05-20-2002, 13:35
Buck,
Check your mail....

DmaxMaverick
05-20-2002, 15:11
Thumbs up for the CIPA slip-ons. I have a set and like them. They are very easy to install/remove, and very functional. They don't vibrate like the strap-ons I tried (strap-ons are for girls). I like the OEM regular mirrors and wanted to stay with them, so aux. mirrors were the way to go. I may change my mind if the '03 trailering mirrors fit the '01.

RichC
05-20-2002, 21:17
SK, I have a set of CIPA mirrors that I used on my 94. There were two plastic c bolts with them that have been lost. I am sure you could make something work. I'll take $10.00 for the pair plus shipping.

email mrcook1@charter.net

RichC
05-20-2002, 21:19
SK, I have a set of CIPA mirrors that I used on my 94. There were two plastic c bolts with them that have been lost. I am sure you could make something work. I'll take $10.00 for the pair plus shipping.

email mrcook1@charter.net

sk
05-22-2002, 13:37
RichC:

Check your email .....

Scott