PDA

View Full Version : Autometer Lunar Gauges Installation

gmenor
12-31-2003, 01:46
I just ordered autometer lunar gauges (trans temp, pyro and boost) should be here Monday. I've read everything I could find on the installation of probes and wiring. Not having the kit in front of me kind of hard to visualize some of the tips on the forum. Does anyone have pictures of their installation? Also, any tips of what kind or brand of paint to use to match up the gray interior? I've read and printed Cowracer's installation and plan to follow suit. Any other tips would be useful.

Cowracer
12-31-2003, 06:11
My number one advice is to stay away from those plastic inline power taps. I put a keyless entry on my truck that only worked 50% of the time. When I installed the gauges, I removed the taps and soldered the wires. No problems now.

I didnt paint my pillar but the black don't look too out of place in the dark blue interior.

Also, on the power panel under the dash (NOT the fuesblock) there is a pair of termials (I think one is labled 'white') that has power and ground for the insturment lights. Its on the lower left hand side, and has two terminals in the same 'block'. This works great for your backlighting.

Finally, so far, i can detect no adverse reaction to removing that plug on the transmission and replacing it with the sending unit. So that location should be good.

Good Luck!
Tim

gmenor
01-05-2004, 16:11
Ok I got the gauges in today. After reading cowracer's post I still have questions on where is the best place for the probes. I have seen pictures on this site but the search engine did not seem tp locate them. I'm going to install them Saturday so any and all advice is welcome. I am planning to use the clamp on installation for the pyro because in the near future I'm opting for the 4" exhaust. For the transmission I'm going to attempt cowracer's idea. For the EGT it's still out there flapping. I am also planning to place an additional dimmer switch for the gauges due to some of the posting of the blinding glow.