PDA

View Full Version : Got my door locks fixed

cowboywildbill
06-24-2004, 09:49
I finally took my truck in and had the power door locks fixed. It was a fuse! I looked at all of the fuses twice? The mechanic said it took him 15 minutes to find it, it is hidden and burried behind a breaker. He said the fuse only works the circuit for the three door lock solenoids. It looked like it had a major short, because from the looks of the 15 amp fuse it blew pretty hard. But he couldn't replicate the problem. So far they are working fine. "Go figure" Since it was a fuse, it wasn't an aftermarket warranty item. But thats OK, it cost $43.00 to get it fixed and he ran the diagnostics with the tech II. At least I know where the fuse is located now. "LOVE THIS TRUCK"

Modified
06-24-2004, 18:45
In my experiences, if a fuse blows, it probably was working, and not a fluke. You may have a nike in a wire somewhere, that may show up again in the future. Have you drilled holes, or installed screws that hit a wire?
Had you been doing any work anywhere near these door lock wires, that you may have accidently niked a wire, or cause a momentary short?
Like you said, if it happens again, you know where the fuse is.