PDA

View Full Version : Help with Heated Mirrors

RonDMax
06-17-2004, 04:48
Anyone know what fuse or fuses the heated mirrors are on. I do not see anything in my manual about a fuse for the mirrors? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i have a passenger side mirror that is not heating up and burning dew off and my truck has nearly 35K miles, so i want to get it fixed asap if i can noot do it myself?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

DmaxMaverick
06-17-2004, 09:39
Should be the rear defog fuse. I'm not absolutely certain about the 2003's, but it is for the 01/02 models. It'd be easier with a diagram in front of me.

If you are at 35K, better have the dealer take a look at it. If one works and one doesn't, you have either a disconnected wire somewhere or the mirror is fried. The 2003 electrical system is a different animal (multiplexed). Avoid screwing with it if you can.

It is likeley not a bad connection at the mirror, inside the door if the power movement works. The same connector powers both the power movement and heating element. I would not suspect a fuse if one works, and one doesn't. One fuse for both.

RonDMax
06-17-2004, 12:18
DmaxMaverick.....thx for the info. I did not think it would be easy but wanted to cover bases before i go sit at a dealer for them to tell me it was just a fuse LOL......thx again i will take it in