PDA

View Full Version : Diva's DMAX is now a Harley Hauler!

DMAXDiva
03-16-2003, 19:28
Well, go ahead and sign those papers to have me committed this time...went out and bought a new FLHRI Road King Anniversary Edition this weekend. I've dreamed of having a Harley for years, and now know just exactly how you Harley fanatics feel....these things are absolutely and totally ADDICTIVE! :eek:

Guess I'd better find a trailer that's big enough for the Vette AND the bike now...anyone have any suggestions as to where I might find a 12 inch drop hitch for the receiver??? :rolleyes:

Ah, life is SOOOOO GOOOD!!!!! :cool:

technician
03-16-2003, 20:01
Diva,

You're killing me!

I'm stuck up in New England burnt to a crisp mentaly & phyicaly from snow plowing, removal, etc....

Now I have to hear from riders in the warm climates tongue.gif

I CAN'T TAKE IT!!! :eek:

I have spring fever so bad I can taste it. :D

Seriously, Welcome to the very addictive world of Harley's.
Beware the accesories :cool:
Enjoy,

Chris

On edit: Ya all got a spare bed for a yankee ;)

[ 03-16-2003: Message edited by: technician ]</p>

NutNbutGMC
03-16-2003, 20:02
Still waiting on the Queen.

TraceF
03-17-2003, 09:14
DMAXDiva-

Some night after a couple of cocktails, sit down at your keyboard and tell us the whole story about the ex!

:D

Silver Bullet
03-17-2003, 10:51
Where are the pics??? tongue.gif

Alli-max
03-17-2003, 14:49
" DMAXDiva-
Some night after a couple of cocktails, sit down at your keyboard and tell us the whole story about the ex!"

I think she is telling you EXACTLY what happened, unless she is MAAAAAXING out those Visa cards!

DMAXDiva
03-17-2003, 16:29
Let me put it this way: My ex once told me that the closest I'd ever get to riding a Harley would be to "strap a V-twin to a washing machine and let me sit on it"....

'Nuff said.

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

stretch
03-17-2003, 16:34
Diva, do us yankees a favor and don't tell us about your riding adventures yet, perhaps in a few more weeks when things defrost around here and the salt on the roads wash away. I'm with technician on this one, its killing me not to be able to cruise the streets here and hearing about you southern folks having a good old time riding. I guess I'm just a jealous, self pitying kinda guy. ;) tongue.gif :D

stretch
03-17-2003, 16:38
"Let me put it this way: My ex once told me that the closest I'd ever get to riding a Harley would be to "strap a V-twin to a washing machine and let me sit on it"...."

I hope he was kidding, if not, I see why he's your ex. If my wife was willing to ride, I'd get her on a Harley in a heartbeat!!!

Kennedy
03-17-2003, 18:16
With that kind of drop requirements, I'd look to a solid 2" bar stock unit AND get rid of the OE hitch! That kind of drop gives the trailer a LOT of leverage...

DURA-MAX3
03-20-2003, 14:44
Bring it to the next get together in Dallas. Rhonda and I have a Heritage Softail Classic 2003. We ride all the time...Congrats on becoming official Harley-Davidson Trash...Ha Ha Ha...

zip
03-23-2003, 13:00
Now you gotta get some John Kay, Steppenwolf and
Billy Idol music...
A denim vest
a sturgis patch
A Daytona patch
A laconia patch
An NRA sticker
Knock out a couple of teeth
and tatoo yourself liberally - make sure one of them is a Harley tatoo!
Wow Div! Now you're gettin to be a babe! :D
zip

RVGuy
03-23-2003, 18:45
Diva,

Your killin' me. For the next gathering here in Dallas, how are you going to decide which to bring....the truck, the vette or the cycle???

That's a delimma I'd love to have.

DMAXDiva
03-23-2003, 20:15
Finally had an incredibly beautiful day here today and was able to ride all dang day...yep, puttin' a little lead in my backside! Put 366 miles on it, and she now has 545 total...break-in's DONE! :D

What an INCREDIBLE machine...I absolutely LOVE IT!!! I'm riding with my new Electra Glide guy (yep, Diva's found herself a "biker boyfriend"...teehee) out to a Harley rally out in Friedricksburg, Tx the weekend of April 5, so I'll try to get a few pics of the little gal in a field of bluebonnets... :cool:

Paintdude
03-23-2003, 20:52
Sold my Harley over 15 yrs ago to pay off my house..Now I ride a 99 ZRX that already has over 23,000 miles on it, 150 more today..I think it is broke in..

One of my best friends rides a 2000 Road King with a sidecar, he lost his left leg above the knee about 6 yrs ago(Bike accident) so the side car is what he wanted instead of a 3-wheeler..
plus he is 6`7" 310 lbs big guy with all the tatoos and long hair..Great guy and friend..Now he is looking for a diesel truck. He bought a Sport and Play trailer and his 318 1/2 ton just wont hack it..He is gonna buy a used Dodge most likly..He can hardly fit into my Dmax, dodge fits his long legs better..

billnourse
03-30-2003, 20:04
Diva,
What's with the trailer talk. Those things were made to be rode, not hauled. That's why they have a motor and wheels. Tell me you're not going to be one of those weekend worriors that haul to within 20 miles of the rally, then ride in thinking you're cool. I have a 1995 RoadKing with near 70,000 miles, and my wife's 1997 Low Rider has about 53,000 in all kinds of weather. Ride it girl, forget the trailer stuff.

By the way, are you planning now to go to Wisc. for the 100th Anniversay?? We rode out for the 95th and had a ball. It will certainly be a once in a life time rally.

DMAXDiva
03-31-2003, 05:52
Bill:

No, no, no...I'm NOT one of those that you described! I've already ridden in the rain (not a problem, but I do wish I could get goggles with "windshield wipers" on them... ;) , and cold weather just means more layers and leathers. I would like to have a trailer though, just in case I ever do need one. I do know what you're talkin' about though...we're ridin' out this weekend on the "Thunder in the Hill Country" run, and we have a few friends who are "wimping out" and trailering, and it's only 300 miles away!

Glad to hear that your wife rides her own...I'm seein' more and more gals out there on bikes, and that's a GOOD thing!

I rode my guy's Electra Glide Classic yesterday for the first time, and I sure did like it...I'm thinkin' about gettin' one maybe next year. I'm sure gonna try to make it to the 100th in "Sconsin"!...

:D :cool: :D

DMD, the Road King Queen!

[ 04-09-2003: Message edited by: DMAXDiva ]</p>

billnourse
03-31-2003, 07:07
DMD,

Way to go. You'll enjoy that thing much more if you ride it. They actually get to be a part of you. That EGC of your guy's is a nice ride, but the RoadKing, for all around handling, comfort, and style is almost impossible to beat. The longer you have it the better you'll like it. It's my wife's next ride.

After we leave Wisc. this fall we will go to Nashville, then do the Natchez Trace, and on to New Orleans. From there to Houston, San Antonio, and then to Langtry for the Judge Roy Bean thing, and on to El Paso, then home. Probably about 6,000 miles total. Should be a great ride..

Regards,

Bill

DMAXDiva
03-31-2003, 17:56
hey Bill:

Keep me posted as to when you and your wife will be coming through Houston...I'd love to hook up with y'all and "buy you a beer" and talk bikes (and trucks, of course) while you're in town!

DMD

billnourse
04-01-2003, 07:10
DMD,

Don't know for sure when we will be getting to Houston, as we plan to wing it after leaving Wisc., but I will keep in touch. I do plan to spend a little time in Houston, as I'm going to go by Southpaw Guitars and check out some lefthanded musical instruments there.

Enjoy your rally this weekend. If it's your first, you'll be different person when you get home.

Ride Safe,

Bill

billnourse
04-08-2003, 20:50
DMD,

How about an adventure report on the weekend rally??

Bill

Dave
04-08-2003, 23:40
Tell us about the ride this past week end. I had to work saturday which was a nice day. It started raining sunday and has not stopped yet. I have just over 1500 miles on my new Fatboy, not bad seeing we have winter and snow in TN.

DMAXDiva
04-09-2003, 06:22
Well, the "Thunder in the Hill Country" rally was an absolute BLAST!!! The weather was just perfect both Friday and Saturday, but was a total wash-out on Sunday's ride back home (but I sure didnt care...enjoyed it anyway!). Rode to the rally with 6 other bikes, then joined another 20 bikes at the rally. Rode through the hill country all day Saturday, saw some incredible scenery...loved it! There were some really awesome bikes at the rally bikeshow...saw a 502 Boss Hoss (now that's some serious overkill...talk about an obscene power-to-weight ratio!!!)and a couple of really trick custom choppers.

I had hoped to get a few pics of the rally and the new bike while there, but my digi-cam crapped out on me on the first shot... :mad: so, I'll just have to get a few pics of her here at home and post them on the picpage.

DMD

DMAXDiva
04-09-2003, 15:22
Ok, I finally have a few pics up of the bike...check the "Oh no, not another toy!" album... :D

DMD

[ 04-09-2003: Message edited by: DMAXDiva ]</p>

billnourse
04-09-2003, 18:54
DMD,

Nice scoot. That's a color I could really live with if I didn't think all HD's should be black.

Put a set of 2" pullback touring bars on that puppy, and put the windshield back on it, and it is a 600+ mile a day machine without breaking a sweat. These are really nice touring bikes with just the right amount of style.

Ride Safe,

Bill

DMAXDiva
04-09-2003, 19:42
hey Bill:

Tell me more about the pull-back bars...I really need some like that, 'cuz after about 200 miles my back was really sore from reachin' for the bars she has now. Are they available from HD only, or is there a good aftermarket brand?

Thanks for the input...

DMD

Professor
04-10-2003, 07:23
DmaxDiva

If you want a top quality bar, check out Wild Ones

billnourse
04-10-2003, 18:56
DMD,

The bars I was talking about are HD, and there may be a cable change involved on the newer bikes. I am going to Denver for my Grandson's 1st birthday this weekend, but I will get you the part number as soon as I get back. That between the shoulder blades pain really sucks when you're trying to have fun.
After I put my bars and Corbin seat on I have made several 600 mile days without being uncomfortable or unduly fatigued. 600 miles a day in a car fatigues me. Age I guess.

Ride Safe,

Bill

billnourse
04-10-2003, 19:00
Professor,

Are you going to be in OKC when the "Ride Home" comes through? We are scheduled to spend the night there on the way to the 100th.

Ride Safe,

Bill

DMAXDiva
04-11-2003, 21:26
Thanks Prof...appreciate the input. Those "Chubbys" really look great! Think I'll look into those...they remind me of HD's "beach bars", which i really wanted, but wasn't willing to spend $550 on them :rolleyes:

DMD

Professor
04-13-2003, 20:29
billnourse,

I should be around. I may ride part of the leg myself. Have not decided yet.