PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Cold Feet, revisted

Dragsled
03-10-2003, 18:18
I just came across the thread on the passenger cold feet. My wife has been complaining all winter about cold air coming out from under the dash. I never ride shotgun and the drivers side is hotter than hell. Finally she drove the truck and I rode in the passenger seat, damn that's cold!

My dealer claims he does not have any kind of service bulletin on this.

Can any post the service bulletin number or numbers that effect this problem ????

thanks a bunch!

mdrag
03-10-2003, 18:28
Dragsled,

Check out this link from a previous topic, there is a TSB# posted:

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=004380

Topic transferred to the 2500HD/3500 HD Trucks & Drivetrain forum.

Kennedy
03-10-2003, 18:31
Best thing I can say is go for a drive and poke around with bare feet. Try running on Recirc vs. fresh air. Some meay be coming from seal misfit, but a LOT is likely just radiant from the cold chamber. The passengers ducting is also cut a bit short. It doesn't go to the outside like the driver's side, rather dumps in the middle...

imported_
03-11-2003, 19:13
I'm taking mine in next week,the service bullentin
says it's either a seal or actuator.

DMAXED
03-15-2003, 19:09
I just had mine done yesterday they did not take the dash apart they went through the cowl to fix the seal.

Roger Lamothe
03-15-2003, 19:54
I also had mine done yesterday and it seems to have fixed the problem.
Roger

HD Hauling
03-19-2003, 20:57
Had the same trouble with the cold air on passenger side.
Took the mech for a ride and he found it and by letting the glove box drop down he reached up into the air box and found that the seal was bad.
Their is a bulletin on it and it tells you how to fix it.
The mech went through in front of the window after he removed the grill by the wiper.
I'll give you their phone number and ask for Greg at service.Tell them the problem of cold air passenger side.
800-236-5801
Have a good day