PDA

View Full Version : Dragsters, How to hook up on the line?

BMDMAX
03-07-2003, 10:09
I was surfing the PPE site with their 13.4 quarter mile truck. They said it was done with Hoosier drag slicks on the truck. Anybody know what slicks and rims they used to make that happen on our trucks?

I know lot's of you guys can get better times at the track launching in 4WD but I think that is way to stressful on the suspension components and as I don't have 4WD on my truck it is moot anyway.

The hard part seems to be finding a 16-inch 8 lug rim with a slick that stays close to the original tire diameter. I hope some of you guys have some ideas as it's a blast waxing the wanna-bees with the ricemobiles at the track and being able to really load the boost up and hook at the line would be awesome. :D

Thanks,
BMDMAX

RATDOC
03-07-2003, 12:46
Wheel tubs and a pair of 16X33's SHOULD do the trick!!!!! :D :eek: :D
Tom

BMDMAX
03-07-2003, 13:49
Sure would kill the bed space though!!!! Just bolt em on and let em stick out of the wheels like the dope azz ricers do, that would be mad powaz crazee :rolleyes:

I was really hoping to find a street slick of some sort that you could bolt on for a day at the track. So far it look like there is not a lot of options. :mad:

Rebel_Horseman
03-07-2003, 14:04
A while back I saw where BF Goodrich made a tired called a Street & Strip. Basically it was a DOT approved tired that was soft and sticky enough to do good at the track. You might want to check out their webiste. I don't know anything about tire sizes they come in.

Reb [><]

RATDOC
03-07-2003, 14:32
Personally, I'm a Hoosiers fan..........but have used Goodyear and M/T with great results.
BMDMAX- having them stick out makes you look no better than the rice-burners & saki sipping wanna be's!!
Tom

c5dura
03-07-2003, 14:40
Wonder if 'em 16x33s would fit a dually on a set of rims with the proper off-set?

I'd like to get my 3500 into the 11's like my vette one day. Hopefully that Warn M15000 up front will keep the front end down. :D :D

BMDMAX
03-07-2003, 15:49
Tom,

I agree, nothing looks more stupid than rims and tires that fit poorly. I was joking of course about letting them all hang out. tongue.gif

Reb,
I have used the BFG street slicks in the past and they work great but none of the sizes they have come close to a fit on the Dmax that will not screw up your effective rear end ratio. :mad:

TraceF
03-07-2003, 18:39
You could probably get 2 or 3/10 th's out of what you are running just by playing with tire pressure.