PDA

View Full Version : Removing Panel

Tsckey
03-07-2003, 00:32
Has anyone with an '03 removed the plastic panel beneath the steering column? I can see three screws holding it on, but even with these loose it doesn't want to come off and I'm too timid to just yank on it. Ideas?

Thanks,
TC

sonofagun
03-11-2003, 16:41
Tsckey,

If it is like the 2001 you have to take the upper panel off first. If you have a auto trans pull the gear shift all the way down, if you have s tilt wheel tilt it all the way up. Pull the upper panel loose starting over the radio. There are clips that hold it in place. Work your way across the upper panel, pulling it free from all clips first. Then work it out over the steering wheel. Remove the three screws at bottom of the lower panel and pull it free. Reverse the process to install.

Good luck,
Bob

BigLakeDMAX
03-11-2003, 17:04
I just had mine off on my '02 to install a set of ttt-mirrors. In addition to the screws, you do need to loosen the dash trim panel as sonofagun indicated. Then, you pull the panel toward the rear to pull out clips at the top. Follow this link to instructions on the ttt-mirror install that includes photos and instructions for doing this on the '02 and some of it for '03's.

http://www.ttt-mirror.com/pdf/FittingInstructionsGM.pdf

Tsckey
03-11-2003, 21:36
Thanks, guys, I never would have thought to start there to get the lower panel off.

TC