PDA

View Full Version : Headlights dimming???

SwampMonster
03-06-2003, 21:29
I am a newbie to the diesel truck world (since August 2002) and I love my truck. This problem is not isolated to this truck because I noticed it on my 2001 Z-71 also. This is the problem: At night, with the lights on (low beam or high beam), when I slow down from highway speed to make a turn or come to a stop, the headlights will dim for a second and then come back up to normal. I thought that it was a sign that I was having alternator problems with my old truck, but it never showed any other signs of problems. When I traded for my Dmax I thought my problems were behind me, only to be disappointed when this truck started doing the same thing.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? It happens so fast that I do not have time to notice the difference in the Volt meter. It sure seems to me like it is something to do with the charging system that GM has designed on these trucks.

I have ordered the Kennedy light kit in hopes that this will help eliviate my problems.

Lata

FisHn2DMax
03-06-2003, 23:58
When I first got my truck, I noticed the same problem and asked the same question on this forum. It turns out to be normal.

Please go to this previous thread for your answers:
http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=004750&p=

Good Luck: ;)