PDA

View Full Version : Ordered New Bilsteins - Help!!!

maddog3
05-16-2004, 10:19
I just ordered a set of Bilsteins from Kennedy.
I was wondering if anybody can walk me through the installation process.
Also, do they really help the ride quality when not towing or hauling? I've read that they really shine when towing but was curious about the rest of the time.
Tkanks,Mark

tbrowne
05-16-2004, 17:34
They do help ride quality because of the improved damping provided by these shocks. No more endless bouncing!

DmaxProf
05-16-2004, 19:17
I just recently installed a set of Bilsteins I got from Kennedy. They definitely made a difference in the ride of the truck. I found the information on this page to be helpful for the installation: Installing Bilsteins? (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=005516)

Buck
05-16-2004, 19:25
Yes, they are a HUGE improvement over stock, towing and running solo. ;) On the fronts I reused the stock rubber and washers on the top because they looked like they worked better than what the Bilsteins came with. Other than that, just bolt them on.

BTW, I put the Bilsteins on at about 30K and two of the OE shocks were completely shot. I have nearly 60K on the truck now and still get complements about the ride "for a big heavy truck".