PDA

View Full Version : Truck went into limp mode

oneton
05-09-2004, 11:42
Hi guys, it been a long time since I last posted but the truck has been running flawless until today. The truck had been pulling fine all day and then the final exit to the house she all of sudden went into limp mode after stopping at the end of the ramp to merge with traffic. Luckly I was only a few miles from the house so I was able to make it home. Oil level and color is fine. Temp was fine all day as well. I changed the filter last month before a 800 mile trip so I'm stumped. Anybody have their truck go into limp mode for no apparent reason?

Thanks
David

skidsteer loader
05-09-2004, 15:49
NSBU switch??

oneton
05-09-2004, 18:15
Well, after doing a search on the NSBU switch, my problems don't fit with the symptoms of it. The only problem I have is that it's in limp mode. The truck starts and runs fine with no misses. The SES light is on but that's it. I have no problems with the shift indicator lights or shifting other than it won't shift out of second.

So I'll be heading down to a friends shop to see what codes are being throw out tomorrow. I'll post back on what I find.

Thanks
David

Aluminator
05-10-2004, 19:32
Check your engine oil and see if it is full of fuel oil.

Dennis

MAV
05-11-2004, 04:42
If you know someone who has a Quad tuner or a Predator, have them pull the code and clear the SES light. This is the best place to start. Post the code number and one of us here can look it up. If your truck is all stock, then I would just take it to the dealer if its under warrenty yet.

oneton
05-13-2004, 03:56
Well I got the truck back. She runs and shifts much better now. The first problem they found was a hole in the internal filter. Don't how and I suspect that it was there since day one. After changing the filter they took it for a test drive and she went back into limp mode. I don't have the code but it was "lost communication" with the Allison. After replacing the solonoids on the transmission the truck has run great.

My truck has 55,000 miles and I've only had one other issue( booster failer)with her. If anybody is in need of servicing of their Allsion in the Tampa area I highly recommend Brandon Transmisson. He's done all my work for the past 11 years and I've had absoultely no problems with anything he done for me.

Thanks
David