PDA

View Full Version : What about 295/75 tires?

TN farmer
03-03-2003, 23:36
I am currently running 305/70 mud tires and I am looking to go to an A/T when I change.
My questions are:
1. Will 295/75 fit without trimming like my 305?
2. What kind of milage will I get on stock rims?
3. Is anyone running BFG A/T KO, and how do you like them?

Thanks in advance, Robert.

FisHn2DMax
03-04-2003, 01:14
I'm running the BFG A/T Ko's in the 285 series.
I think they're great but I don't have too miles with them yet. The reason I bought the BFG's is based on my brothers expereince with them. He too has a D/A and he's put on 27K on his 285 BFG's. He tow's heavy and has had not had any problems.

I noticed that for a A/T tire it is very quiet on the hiway, and seems to hook up really good in the Mud, Snow and Ice. I also have friend that has the 295's on his D/A and loves them. He did have to crank the torsion bars up a bit, slide his front bumber all the way forward and he has no rubbing. It looked like his truck sat up about an inch higher than mine with his 295's.

Good Luck!

;)

JimWilson
03-04-2003, 14:12
I've seen posts by people who have had to take some cable-ties to a couple of spots on the wheel-well liner, but then the 295's supposedly don't rub. Looking at my 285's I'd say you need to be a bit lucky too. :eek: :D

Silver Bullet
03-05-2003, 22:47
Farmer,
I am running 285 BFG AT KO's on 16x8 wheels. I have about 35,500 miles on 'em and I am expecting to get 45K-50K based on what I am seeing. I keep my foot in it most of the time and I am not JUICED...yet. I rotate regularly. The 285's are about the same height as your 305's, but a little more narrow. I had to tweak my torsion bars, trim my air dam, and install zippy ties in a couple places. I like these tires on the road, in the mud, and on the ice. I have found it to be a great all around tire for what I need...and they can throw a hell of a smoke screen when provoked!!! :D

On edit: I originally had them on the stock rims, but I had to run very low air pressure to get the rubber to meet the road due to the tire crowning.

[ 03-05-2003: Message edited by: Silver Bullet ]</p>

TN farmer
03-06-2003, 11:30
Silver Bullet,

Good to hear that you can get so many miles out of those all terains. 35K would be great. I am going to have to listen to these roraing 305's another five thousand miles to get 25K out of them. Robert