PDA

View Full Version : Did the TranSynd flush

LA DMAX
02-28-2003, 21:06
I did the transynd flush yesterday and wanted to say thanks for all the posts, notes and ideas you gave, it helped me out alot. I printed up hoot's notes and used them like a check list so I didn't forget anything. I didn't have any ramps to bring the front of the truck up so I had to slide underneath which wasn't too bad until it was time to unbolt the pan and then re-torque it. Not much room there for your arms to work, good thing I'm only 165# wet, or things would've gotten real tight. I only pumped out 4 1/2 quarts from the cooler line, got a little scared after it started gushing out, but I think I got most of the Dex III out. I used about 3 1/2 gallons(14 quarts) of transynd after all was said and done. Just for anyone else doing this, use 3/4 or 1 inch ID tubing to flush the cooler. I used a 5/8 ID that wouldn't fit over the flare in the line so I had to really stick it in there like I was on a hot date, then put a hose clamp on it and hold on tight while I pumped. So far no leaks anywhere after 125 miles of driving. Thanks again guys, couldn't have done it without ya.
Later

LA DMAX

ChevysRus
02-28-2003, 23:10
Sounds like you got it all, plus some of the new Transynd as well! LOL

Now it's nice to be able to drive and tow and not watch that Tranny Temp gauge all the time.

Smile and love it

Carbon D/A
11-10-2005, 18:39
I dont know. :confused: good luck with that.