PDA

View Full Version : noise in the cab???

billnourse
02-28-2003, 20:32
I have a 2002 LT and when going to work today I noticed what sounded like a small fan running. This sound was coming from the roof just above my head and to the left. There is a small grill there that I think is a speaker for on-star, but I'm not sure. The fan sound comes on when the key is turned and stays until the key is turned off. anyone have any ideas???

mackin
02-28-2003, 20:51
The factory radio has a small fan for cooling....Bet that's the culprit ....

MAC :D :D :D

[ 02-28-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

billnourse
02-28-2003, 21:49
Mac,

I'm getting this with the radio off, and the pickup cold. It is a new sound after 13,000 miles, or it is much louder, as I have never noticed it before. Guess I'll take it in next week and see what I can find.

Thanks for the response.

Bill

battmain
03-01-2003, 06:50
The radio fan does run with the radio off...

VA_Dmax
03-01-2003, 08:09
I was told that small little thing on the roof just to the left of your head was the temp sensor for the automatic air conditioning.

Wayne Dohnal
03-03-2003, 14:39
I was brave and/or stupid enough to pull the little round grill off, and sure enough, there's a little fan running behind it. I've only had the truck for a week, and while I'm happy with most if it, there are a few really dumb things that GM did. This is one of them. Why on earth would they choose to put a noisemaker a few inches from the driver's ear? I suspect it's only a matter of time before I pull this little module out and do something to it to slow down the fan.

Warning: The temp sensor module is held in place by virture of the headliner being sandwiched between the module and grille. If you pull the grille off, the sensor will be flopping around loose above the headliner, and you'll have to figure out how to get a hand up there to get everything put back together. I was really close to having to say "Sorry, Honey, I broke the new truck".

[ 03-03-2003: Message edited by: Wayne Dohnal ]</p>

drgracr
03-03-2003, 18:58
billnourse

when I was at the chev dealer I replaced a couple of those temperature sensors for loud noises. If the truck is till under warr. have them replace it.

billnourse
03-07-2003, 08:56
Everyone,

Talked to the dealer yesterday and was told that there have been some problems with this temp. sensor, and that it would be replaced under warranty. Thanks for the information and replys.

Regards,

Bill