PDA

View Full Version : Clunk in reverse???

JB 2500HD CC
10-21-2003, 13:37
I have noticed after pulling a load, that when backing up, I feel a clunk or something like that...
Today, I had to pull a 42' boat back to our shop and when I was turning it around in the drive, when I put the truck in reverse and went about 10 feet or so, I felt like I ran over a little bump or something like that. I have noticed this a few times now and wondered if anyone else has noticed anything like this too???

Thanks for any input!

mark45678
10-21-2003, 16:02
check your leaf springs maybe from the hard forward pull they are shifting OR the slip yoke on the drive shaft needs lube.....motor mounts? trans mount? these are all good points to start with! Look for light orange dust (rust color) around these areas.... thats where its loose

JimWilson
10-22-2003, 07:37
Do you feel it in the steering wheel? If so, there's a TSB for a defective intermediate shaft in the steering column. My truck had it replaced (twice) for a similar sounding problem.

JB 2500HD CC
10-22-2003, 07:51
Thanks for those ideas on what to check...
I don't feel in the steering, and I have had that shaft replaced as well too. :confused:

I will call the dealer and see what they think with these suggestions! ;)

Murray the Cop
10-23-2003, 16:15
I have a clunk like that after any trip over 40 mi. without towing. Feels like something in the brakes. A pressure release or something. Of course when I brought it in to the dealer it didn't do it. I'm gonna have to drive it in the long way. If you find out what it is let me know.

mackin
10-23-2003, 18:57
Pull the driveshaft grease yoke ..... Take two asprins and rest ....

Mac ;)