PDA

View Full Version : brake control install snafu...

67Tony
04-28-2005, 03:16
I installed a Jordan Ultima in my '01 2500HD, and things went very well. But, during my work, the end of a wire from the wiring harness touched the metal housing in front of the emergency brake area, and at that moment the little courtesy bulb in the same area popped off...like I shorted it out.

Now my cruise control does not work. Did I blow a fuse or something simple (I hope)? Thanks for any help you can give a stoopid newbie!

Turbo Al
04-29-2005, 09:36
Hi 67tony,
There are three main places for fuses and wiring, one under the hood and two in the dash. the one in the dash you need is on the Driver's side.
Open the Driver's door
Look where the door meets the dash
Embosed "FUSES PULL" signage
Pull it out
Cruise is a 10A
Placement of fuses is on back of panel you just pulled and golly gee so are the spare fuses :D
Good luck
Al

67Tony
04-29-2005, 14:22
I found that fuse but it is fine. None of the ones under the hood are labeled for cruise control. What else might it be?

(I know this is not as exciting as chips, mods, or horsepower...thanks for the help!)

Turbo Al
04-29-2005, 15:56
Hi 67Tony,

Sorry I missed one fuse for cruise control -- It is labled "VEH STOP" and is under the hood, on the right hand side five fuses down.

There is also a fuse puller under the hood -- little white thingy.

It may not be a power chip but I love a Murder mystery :eek:
Al

67Tony
04-30-2005, 18:11
Turbo Al,

Thanks for the replies...but the mystery is still unsolved! I've checked the fuses and they are fine. I picked up my 5th wheel today, and the lights and brakes work perfectly.

Next I will unplug the brake controller and see if I then have cruise control. But, I won't know what to do if I have it. I hate to have to take it to the "stealership"!

Turbo Al
05-01-2005, 09:47
67tony
Yes that would have been my next suggestion -- to unplug the new controller -- although I didn't have any trouble with the cruise when I installed mine (yes a couple of sparks flew then too :rolleyes: )

If that makes no difference then maybe check the brake switch (on brake pedal arm) to see if you have somehow moved it while playing around down there.

Let me know and I will see what else I can come up with.
Al