PDA

View Full Version : Noise coming from L-front wheel when braking.

GMC-2002-Dmax
07-16-2002, 21:06
Hey guys and gals ( Diva smile.gif & Brandy smile.gif ),

I got a funny little noise coming from my front end. :confused:
It is NOT there when driving.
I only hear it when I have light to moderate brake pedal pressure. It seems like it makes more noise when I am turning left into somewhere that right hand turns.

It just started today and sounds almost like a grinding noise :confused: :confused:

I also hear a rattle under my feet whenever I hit a bump at low speeds - under 15 mph. This isn't the steering column rattle is it??? :mad:

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks to all in advance.

GMC :(

[ 07-17-2002: Message edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax ]</p>

AKDmax
07-16-2002, 22:33
GMC-2002-Dmax,
I think it was Broker that asked about front rotors being cracked in one of his posts. May want to take a peek. For the rattle, check your rear spring isolators, you may be missing one or more. I have the same noise but the steering wheel didn't give any feedback so I checked the isolators. Sure enough, I'm missing one. Just some ideas for ya...

On edit: Up here we get pee(sp) gravel stuck in our rotors in the winter that is also very annoying, and makes a sound similar to what you explain. Usually I can get it out with a scribe or screwdriver.

[ 07-16-2002: Message edited by: AKDmax ]</p>

GMC-2002-Dmax
07-17-2002, 05:58
Thanks,

I have not checked yet but they just oiled and stoned the roads!!!! I will have to check out the isolators as well.

GMC ;)

MudNurI
07-17-2002, 19:28
GMC-2002-DMAX

just to let you know- DIVA is NOT the only gal here....

Brandy tongue.gif

GMC-2002-Dmax
07-17-2002, 22:43
MudNurI,

SORRY BRANDY,

WILL YOU FORGIVE MY ERROR???? :eek:

GMC ;)

AKDmax
07-25-2002, 21:01
GMC-2002-Dmax,
did you find anything on this problem?

GMC-2002-Dmax
07-25-2002, 21:08
AKDmax,

Took her in on WED. to the Stealer. I was due for an oil change anyway and they had an ALLI filter for me as well. I had this rattle going on and a grinding noise. I get the rattle fixed, the steering column grease job :( Told the service manager that it will probably be back for it again, he said yeah but I gotta try this first!!

.....and they had also leveled the truck for the low Drivers Side as well- NO CHARGE WITH ALIGNMENT TOO!!! I got in it and no more noise??? I did have a LOF and a Tire rotation done as well.So I pick it up the tech. supposedly checked the rotor for cracks and small stones, NOTHING :confused: he even checked the shock bolts.

Really weird, but hey it's all good now so I'll let it pass.

Thanks for asking!!!

GMC ;)