PDA

View Full Version : Gains from Shift kits etc

Greg McCall
10-16-2003, 06:17
Duramax runners,
What gains in performance should one expect by simply adding the Transgo shift kit, converter, and beefier clutches to my Allison tranny, if I have only Hot Juice and Flowmaster muffler ?

I think I read a while back there was something to gain in 1/4 mile performance.

403turbo
10-17-2003, 16:11
well not having sprung for the attitude controler yet and not being a drag racer I can't really say what gains you would have.

But....

If the tranny is slipping your not putting the power you paid for to the ground, beyond +125 horse, you are not going to see the full benefit of any power upgrade.

Wish I had some 1/4 times for ya, :confused: Tomac or someone that drags a lot will have the best answer.

mtomac
10-17-2003, 16:39
I don't have the TransGo kit but with with the stock tranny I was running 14.3's with the 125hp Hot juice. With the ATS tranny upgrades and the 125hp Hot Juice I'm running 13.5's

jcummins
10-18-2003, 04:47
MTomac how long did your stock tranny last with the hot juice? I don't run my truck anywhere near what you do, and with hot juice it seemed just days and performace just got soft on me.

mtomac
10-18-2003, 06:22
Juiced at 12,000 miles hot juiced as soon as it came out, 36 passes at the dragstrip (7 juiced, 29 with HJ) 14 hooks truck pulling with the HJ and Comp juice. 20000+ miles towing 22000-26000# in the 60hp mode. Stock tranny lasted till 55,000 with all the above and agressive daily driving. The tranny was zinging 5th with the 125hp HJ but was fine at 90hp setting. The ATS was on its way but the Comp Juice gets credit for finishing off the tranny because I burned up the C1 clutches truckpulling in 1st gear high range, like I always did, when they went out.

Greg McCall
10-20-2003, 07:34
Originally posted by jcummins:
MTomac how long did your stock tranny last with the hot juice? I don't run my truck anywhere near what you do, and with hot juice it seemed just days and performace just got soft on me. Mine has done the same with the Hot Juice or I have gotten use to it.
From a stop truck will "fly". Passing gear is a no go.
If I ease into the power at 90 or 125 hp setting the truck will move, but if I floor it at say 60 mph and actually hit passing gear in either 90 or 125 hp, the truck will hesitate big time. No warning lights, but the power is not there. I think though the power is being backed off cause ? tranny may be slipping some... :confused: