PDA

View Full Version : Front end vibration

TallyMax
07-15-2002, 18:57
Took a trip up to North Carolina this weekend to get out of this torrid heat. On the way back I picked up a new trailer from a dealer near Atlanta. Better selection and price than in Tallahassee. To get to my point. After about half way home when I started hitting the two lane roads and had to slow to the 55-60 mph range and went through a lot of small Georgia towns, I started noticing a very pronounced vibration in the front end. Over 10,000 miles on the truck and she rode smooth as silk until today. Even with other pulls that were heavier. Most every time I entered the 55 mph range it started shaking like the tires were out of balance, even one time when I accelerated to speed when I was at about 35 to 40. You can feel it right through the steering wheel. Can the trailer be projecting it's balancing problems to my front end? It's a very heavily built trailer compared to the rest I looked at...18 ft 14K cap, Bulldog coupler, 10K drop leg jack, empty weighting in about 2500 lbs with 235/85 radials on it...Milestones (made in China) I beleive. I ran about 50-55 psi in them most of the way, as they came with 80 in them. I don't any signs of weights on the rims, so they don't looked like they've been balanced, I suppose they could be separating, not good! Any suggestion or ideas from those who haul. Where should I start other than calling the dealer? :confused: