PDA

View Full Version : Green Keys vs. Hill 4WD Kit

EOHD
10-14-2003, 18:16
In the interests of a responsible post, I've done several searches RE: this subject, and I'll be darned if I can find an answer within this context:

Is the difference between the GM "green keys- part# 15592573") and Hill 4WD's "8-lug/HD leveling kit" significant enough to warrant the $100 difference in price? Aren't they essentially the same thing? I know this subject has been worked to death, but I can't get a handle on any collective/definitive opinions about this.

I know it would be better to buy a legitimate 4" or 6" lift kit, but at the moment I'm doubled up on mortgage payments and need to wait a few months before I can free up the $ to do it the right way.

TIA for your input, and my apologies in advance if I missed the answer somewhere along the line -

Rob

JimWilson
10-15-2003, 10:19
First off, welcome to the forum...

Yes, the Hill kit for the 8 lug and the "green keys" are the same thing. Save yourself a couple of $$ and go to gmpartsdirect.com and get them yourself. I did, and I've been quite pleased.

Question; if you're only going to need to wait a few months to free up some cash, why not do nothing now and then get your lift when you can? Seems like a waste of money for such a short time frame. Now, if you're like me and won't be getting a lift them the keys and a 2" rear block can do wonders for your truck.

EOHD
10-15-2003, 14:43
Thanks for the reply Jim, I appreciate it - as you suggest I've had some thoughts about waiting until the money is available, also some thoughts about simply not spending the big $ (comparatively speaking) and just go with the green keys and a rear block - as always it depends on discretionary bucks...

Thanks again,

Rob

obrienspool
10-18-2003, 22:16
does anyone know if the green keys will give the same lift on a 3500?

norm
10-19-2003, 06:57
how bout a 1995 truck?

JimWilson
10-20-2003, 06:59
On the NBS 3500, the answer is yes.

On a 1995? I can't answer that with any certainty. Sorry...