PDA

View Full Version : Skid Plates?

SoMnDMAX
10-12-2003, 10:20
Has anyone added skidplates to their non-skidplate equipped truck? I know the holes are there, but was wondering $$$. A person would need to order the skid plate, four bolts, and four spacers.

Any of those who have a lift installed have the stocker skid plate and hardware laying around collecting dust?

flhrciblueice
10-12-2003, 19:11
Originally posted by SoMnDMAX:
Has anyone added skidplates to their non-skidplate equipped truck? I know the holes are there, but was wondering $$$. A person would need to order the skid plate, four bolts, and four spacers.

Any of those who have a lift installed have the stocker skid plate and hardware laying around collecting dust? Check your e-mail.

BigLakeDMAX
10-13-2003, 11:30
I bought the plates separately and spent about $70 at my dealer (I have an account and get about 20% off list). Engine plate included the rubber mounts and bolts. Had to buy rest of bolts. Also, holes were there but not tapped on my '02.

Then, I saw there's a kit with both plates and all fasteners - GM P/N 12496035. Full kit's about $76 at gmpartsdirect.com Coulda saved myself an extra trip for the bolts.

Good luck!

SoMnDMAX
10-13-2003, 22:01
Big Lake- thanks! I figured GM offered a kit....

Will get it ordered tomorrow...

Are you going to be in Ramsey Saturday? Be there or be square.... :D

SoMnDMAX
10-14-2003, 08:43
Skid plate kit on order... I'll post back once the stuff gets here to update if the kit is the correct one.

Thanks for the info guys!

BigLakeDMAX
10-14-2003, 09:10
I'll have to miss the dyno day - too bad, it's only about 20 minutes from me! Instead of measuring HP &TQ, I'll be using it. It's our last camping trip with the 5th wheel for the year. Have a great time!

SoMnDMAX
10-14-2003, 10:04
Big Lake- have fun, be safe. We'll make some extra diesel smoke just for you... LOL!!

SoMnDMAX
10-17-2003, 12:59
Got kit #12496035 today, and it's the right one! As BigLake stated, it includes all the hardware and both plates. Install was easy- took about 5 minutes.

No need to tap the holes in the frame. The bolts are a self-threading M10x1.5 . If a person wanted to they could tap the holes you could, but it's not necessary.