PDA

View Full Version : Bose/Six-Disc/XM

cogburne
02-21-2003, 19:39
Just wanting some opinions from those of you driving '03's with the Bose, Six-Disc Changer and XM...What's the real story?

FisHn2DMax
02-21-2003, 21:24
I have the 03 with the bose 6 changer with DVD and XM. Bottom line is the unit is great, however the FM reception on mine and a few others ( Search previous threads) is pathetic! The CD indash stacker is really nice! Sound quality is great and awesome with rear seat DVD/CD. The only problem is the FM reception :( I've had it back to two different dealers and even with a new antenna, Head Unit the FM reception is still terrible? XM unit has a good selection or listening options and sounds as good as a CD, but the subscription costs do add up.

I would upgrade to the Bose system if you want a sound system that is better than the stock OEM system!.However the factory Bose system doesn't compare to some of the after market systems in terms of power and sound quality. It all depends on how fussy you are? For me, the factory Bose system is fine ( except the FM reception)! Also, if you plan to buy a CC and have kids or Grand kids, you have to get the DVD rear Ent. system :eek: !

DMAX Daddy
02-21-2003, 22:25
I love mine,havent noticed much difference in FM reception, but the AM reception is a lot better than my 99 Suburban was. Of course where I live is relatively flat so my results may be a little different.

Bush Pilot
02-21-2003, 23:16
I have the Bose system in mine and love it. I think its the best factory setup I have ever owned.

jbplock
02-22-2003, 05:38
I also have the Bose 6/CD (no XM) and the FM reception seems the same as my 98. The terrain is fairly "hilly" where I live too.

PONCH
02-22-2003, 07:44
I also have the Bose / cd but no XM.
I think that this is the best factory system I have ever had. The FM reception is definitely better than anything that I have used before. I am in Illinois and fairly flat but it's noticably better than my other trucks.

mike.morris
02-23-2003, 12:20
I also have the Bose with changer system, but without XM or DVD. FM reception is as good as I have experienced. Live in Indy and can pickup AM stations from Chicago and Louisville. I will agree with the others that this is possible the best factory sound system out there.

conradv
02-23-2003, 16:26
Chalk me up with the crappy FM reception list... (It is so bad that I rarely use it - I'm about 100 miles from the big radio stations and my wife's toyota's $20 stereo kicks it's butt with FM)

Overall, very good radio for stock. Bass on max isn't overy bassy, but I don't like too much bass anyway.

Love how on auto volume, it'll get louder as the truck picks up speed, and quieter as the truck slows.

AlanL
02-24-2003, 09:43
I have the unit in question and it works great in my truck. I have the bose system and XM.

My only complaint is that the XM system antenna will cause a false K-Band signal on my Valentine 1 radar detector. Valentine is working on some sort of fix, either to their unit (preferred) or a procedure I can do to the truck to keep this from happening.

XM reception can be sketchy if there are lots of power lines around. Its pretty good, but there are consistent places where I get "no signal" for a few seconds.

-Al