PDA

View Full Version : Water Leak in Cab

hamelyak
03-22-2005, 19:17
I'm having a problem with water leaking in the drivers side soaking the carpet in heavy rain. Unfortuanly it doesnt rain often in CA. When my leak first appeared, I had 40K on the truck. Three times to the dealer and they still havent found it, and are now telling me its not covered under warranty even with the extended warranty. It started raining on my way home the other day. I've had the plastic kick panels off since October so I can vent the carpet when it gets soaked. When I got home carpet was dry but the plastic plate all the way to the left was wet. PS my carpet now stinks from discovering the leak too late, which lead me to the discovery. When you have a floor mat, you dont know about it. Anyone had the same problem - find a solution?

mdrag
03-23-2005, 22:56
The interior water leak problems that I remember hearing about were caused by poor sealing of the cab running lights, resulting it wet carpets. If you have the cab lights, I'd suggest checking them out. Good luck.

Diesel Crat
03-25-2005, 06:51
The On Star antenna is on the drivers side and I thought those that had issues had them on that side. Does anyone know or heard if that has been the culprit?

DmaxMaverick
03-25-2005, 07:18
Originally posted by Diesel Crat:
The On Star antenna is on the drivers side and I thought those that had issues had them on that side. Does anyone know or heard if that has been the culprit? Never heard of it. Mine doesn't leak, but that doesn't mean it never will. Certainly a possiblity. Could be dislodged or damaged, by impact of something, like a bird, large bug, mechanical car wash, etc.

Many of the cab clearance lights were leakers in '01, but the fix for that came out long before the 2003's went into production.

I would, however, question the coverage of the extended warranty. They are supposed to cover manufacturer's defects, and a leak would certainly fall into that category. It's probably only a 50

hamelyak
03-28-2005, 06:27
No running lights. No accidents. I do have factory On-Star and XM antenna, but they look pretty sealed. It will leak sitting in the driveway during a rain. Doesnt rain much here so I didnt find it until our first big rain a year and a half later.

Diesel Crat
03-28-2005, 07:13
I'd check the XM antenna out closer assuming it was installed aftermarket. ????

Also, had a 95 gasser that had the winshield replaced. The dumb *sses drilled another hole other than the original when remounting the plastic windshield wiper cowling. Apparently, the other one stripped out. Anyway, they didn't plug the original hole and guess what. Yep, water tracked through the hole and along the bottom side of the firewall shelf or whatever you call it. Needless to say, it led to puddles in my pasenger side floorboard. Windshield shop tried 3 times to diagnose problem.

Ye Ha, only took me 3 months to figure it out on my own. 1 cent worth of silicone and it was fixed. WTF over!!!

Pewter Max
04-02-2005, 18:15
I had the same problem with my 01 a year or so back and a body man said it was probably coming in at the top of the door , he suggested putting a piece of padded wood in at the bottom of the door and pushing in at the top - flexing a little .
It has worked for me for over a year but after the recent heavy rain we have had I found wet carpet again , I guess I need to do it again .
I'm begining to think my truck isn't perfect ! :rolleyes:

jobbie
04-03-2005, 06:43
have you checked the windshield seal?
mine leaks at the lower drivers side and up near the mirror.

luvmymax
04-04-2005, 07:57
Originally posted by mdrag:
The interior water leak problems that I remember hearing about were caused by poor sealing of the cab running lights, resulting it wet carpets. If you have the cab lights, I'd suggest checking them out. Good luck. What is the fix for leaking cab clearance lights, I found that I have that problem. Thanks (a brand new member)