PDA

View Full Version : need mirror help / part number

kavik
07-11-2002, 17:04
I have a 2001 3500 GMC D/A which has the non-power, black, "towing mirrors" which slide out on two cylinder type tubes for towing wide trailers. The driver side mirror glass insert has 2 parts, a regular mirror and a "blind spot" section. My passenger side mirror is just flat glass, and the truck has a big blind spot on that side. I have seen newer GMC or Chevy trucks with the same mirrors as mine where the passenger side mirror glass also has 2 sections, 1 regular and one a "blind spot" section, but my parts guy cant find the item # to order the newer style 2 section inside replacement glass mirror. I have tried the stick on blind spot mirrors, but they fall off at inopportune times. Anyont who can help with the number to order the pass side glass mirror insert with the 2 sections,your help woud be greatly appreciated. Chris

DaveRuane
07-12-2002, 10:44
Just installed the new passenger side camper mirror on mine last night. Don't have the part number handy but a call to any GM dealership will give it to you. Here is some additional info:

Not available as single Passenger side mirror - I had to buy the set for $155!

EASY Install - 15 minutes total time including removal of the old. Two clips on the interior cover, a piece of foam, 3 nuts to remove. (interestingly, there is a wiring harness available for the power mirrors in this opening

First Impression - not sure it helped much, seems like there's a bigger blindspot now but I think it will take a little getting used to. In theory it should help alot!

DaveRuane
07-23-2002, 14:17
Part Number for the pull-out camper mirrors that fit 01, 02, trucks AND with both a driver and passenger-side wide angle mirrors is# 12495931. This is a set, it costs more to buy just the passenger side. I got 'em for $155

crafty
07-24-2002, 06:32
I put a 5 1/2 x 3 3/4 spot mirror on the right side of my truck. I've used the stick on mirrors for 23 years and I've never had one come loose. This big one works great, especially with a trailer on behind. It's big enough that you don't get a lot of glare from headlights. Page two of the accessories page at the link below has pics. :D :D :D

Vivayo
07-24-2002, 07:39
Crafty:
I checked out your pics and really like the rear mud flaps. Care to share your source?
Thanks

Norquist
07-24-2002, 07:45
Why do you suppose they didn't include a spot mirror on the passenger side to begin with? Think it really costs that much more to manufacture? They are called towing mirrors for a reason and Chevrolet must know it's dangerous not to have a spot on the passenger side wouldn't you think? :confused:

crafty
07-24-2002, 11:45
Vivayo,
the rear flaps came from Van & Truck World. They are a chain of Custom parts shops here in Ontario. They do have a good web site with most of their stuff on there. If you like, I can find out if the flaps are available in the US or what they would cost to ship to you. I paid $100 for them.