PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket exhaust questions

JEBar
07-11-2002, 16:26
1. Does a 4" or 5" diameter exhaust system stick down below the frame? Use my truck off road (hunting) and ground clearance is a consideration.
2. Does the Banks or Kennedy systems offer a muffler which will maintain stock quietness?

Any advise would be appreciated. :cool:

YZF1R
07-11-2002, 17:02
The 4" Kennedy system is about even with the bottom of the frame rail. It can be adjusted slightly for how low it hangs. I can not see it at all without getting down on my hands and knees and looking under.

I have the muffler that is pictured on his web site with the openings to the rear. It is louder than stock for sure, but not offensive to me at least. When I drive past people in town, I don't see them look at me with a frown or anything out of the ordinary. I was looking for this to see if I get any negative looks, but have not seen any.

Check out the pics on his web site at www.kennedydiesel.com . I also really like the stainless steel band clamps. Something you don't see much outside of large trucks.

Steve

JEBar
07-11-2002, 17:11
YZF1R...thanks for the info...bought my Juice from Kennedy and have found him very good to deal with :cool: