PDA

View Full Version : Question f/ Dmaxallitech

Woody1
06-25-2003, 03:36
Found out through the grapevine that certain 2500 / 3500 2001-2003 duramax / Allison equipped trucks can have thier transmition shift points changed for tire changes via upload / tech2 ?? Highly interested I stopped in and spoke to my Service manager. He said " That's correct, but I won't know until we plug into your truck - because we have to see if it has the availability in it's programing. As well as if it's not there it will still cost you $75 for us checking - if we can or can't make the changes for tire size." :eek: So what I'm asking is is this true? I've heard we can make ABS changes but not Speedometer changes, but what about shift point changes? If we can do this, is there any other way to find out if you have the available programing in your truck without paying $75 for a five minute hookup to a Tech2 ? Thanks in advance ;)

Buckman
06-25-2003, 07:46
Woody1:
There is no programming available from GM to change the shift points on the transmission. It would appear that there is some dis-information cropping up through the grapevine or a mis-interpretation of someone's comments. Have a great da. :eek:

dmaxalliTech
06-25-2003, 12:01
You might save you 75 bucks and put it towards a Predator if your goal is to change tire size. Can not be done at dealer, no programming is avail. ABS can be changed, not good idea though it it dont match VSS.
JUst a word of caution..... Let your dealer know that you are gonna fix your tire size, if thats your goal. If you have ANY trans problems, GM tell specific instructions to make sure oem tires are on vehicle before attempting diag, if they are not, its the cust responsiblity to have them switched or no further diag is allowed... Get your dealer involved upfront. Unless you drive up to see me, Best to be prepared..

Woody1
06-25-2003, 23:42
Thanks guys! One more question can a buddy's predator change my tire size without any tune adding or taking away. I already have an enhancement in mind and the predator isn't it. Just don't currently need two enhancements, ya know what I mean? Haven't reached the need to stack yet! :rolleyes: :D

dmaxalliTech
06-26-2003, 06:36
predator is vin locked, it wont adjust your tires if its locked to your buddies truck