PDA

View Full Version : GM in the driveway!

More Power
09-24-2003, 09:18
Interested in buying or leasing a new GM tow vehicle to pull your team boat at a great price? Maybe a new personal vehicle? GM can help! The UAW and GM have teamed up to offer all active GM employees an exciting new program called "GM in the Driveway." GM has given its employees a limited number of certificates to pass along to someone who is not eligible for a GM vehicle discount, such as a friend or neighbor. The certificate entitles you to purchase or lease an eligible GM vehicle at 4 percent above the employee price. All that you need is a GM employee signature and your name on the certificate, which you then take to a GM dealer. It's that simple! This certificate offer can also be combined with most current GM consumer incentive programs. "GM in the Driveway" program details and restrictions are available on www.gminthedriveway.com (http://www.gminthedriveway.com) . You now have until September 30, 2003 to take delivery, in order to take advantage of these savings.

Before making your purchase or lease decision, be sure to take advantage of the "GM 24-HOUR TEST DRIVE." This program works hand-in-hand with the "GM 24 Hour Test Drive" program and allows new vehicle prospects "private time" with GM products. Customers can take a car or truck home for a day and experience how it fits their lifestyle - park it in garage, take it to work, show their friends, take it grocery shopping, etc. In other words, use it as you would your own vehicle and then sleep on it before making your decision. For participating dealers, available vehicles and program restrictions go to www.gm.com/24hour. (http://www.gm.com/24hour.)

GM is anxious for you to consider the Test Drive experience along with using our certificate to get behind the wheel of a vehicle produced by GM. Buy now and drive GM! Hurry before the program expires.

To request a "GM in the Driveway" discount certificate, send an email to the email address below.

LanduytG
09-24-2003, 15:45
I am sorry to say that the GM A plan that the employees get is not that good. In most cases you can get a better deal if you don't use it. I have relatives that work for GM and they quite using it.

Greg

TBC
09-24-2003, 19:53
My son recently bought an S-10 Blazer that listed for almost $27,000.00. The dealership is one of the few that lets the salesman handle the whole deal. This guy gave him his GM employee discount and all the incentives. My son's trade and $6080.00 cash brought total financed down to $15000.00. He got almost $6000.00 in discouts and rebates and for a vehicle at that list price that is a big discount.

Tom

Rockin
09-25-2003, 08:33
Go to www.fightingchance.com. (http://www.fightingchance.com.) They will send you a pricing package that has the invoice price, current incentives, the prices people are paying etc. They also have details on purchasing using a fax method that work really well. In short, you fax to 10 or more dealers with the specifics of the vehicle you are interested in including all the invoice, incentives etc and they send you offers back for a total cost. You never have to step foot on the lot to negotiate price and when you walk away, you know you got the lowest price possible.

I am in the process of doing this right now and am eligible for the GM supplier discount. My lowest offer is for a dealer I didn't indicate I could use the supplier discount.

Rockin
09-26-2003, 13:31
Try this out:
2004 Silverado 2500HD, D/A, 4wd, club cab, LS power seats, all trailering stuff etc
$34960 before taxes.

Oh, and the supplier discount comes out $35460

txguppy
09-26-2003, 18:43
Hey Rockin, the fightingchance link does not work. Can you check it again?

txguppy

NCalDMax
09-27-2003, 06:44
tx,
Try this link:

FightingChance (http://www.fightingchance.com)

The link in Rockin's post has an errant '.' at the end...

TXDMAX
09-27-2003, 08:15
ROCKIN,
If you qualify for supplier you also get an extra $1000 rebate, at least in our area.

OC_DMAX
09-27-2003, 08:21
I worked for a GM subsidiary (Hughes Electronics) for many years and as such have access to the GM employee discount plan. For many years, the "ordered vehicle discount" for full size trucks was 18% off of suggested retail. Over the last several years, it seems as if that number has been decreasing. The last time I used the employee plan (Nov, 2001), there were two options: GMO (vehicle ordered) and GMS (delivered from dealer stock). I think at that time for the full size truck the discount was roughly 17%/15% for GMO/GMS. So if the discount above is 4% less and you take it from dealer stock then that is in the 11% area. At year end, you should probably be able to do better than 11% (if you are the negotiating type). If you don't like to negotiate (like me), then maybe this is a good deal!

I think over the last several years, GM has pumped up the suggested retail price of their vehicles. This allows them to offer the $2K-$4K rebates and still come out ahead. Makes the consumer think they are getting a good deal, when in actuality, the rebate is already figured into the price from the start.

[ 09-27-2003, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: OC_DMAX ]

zip
09-29-2003, 07:39
I thought I was getting a pretty good deal when I bought my 02 at employee discount.$34,600. Then I found out it was actually HIGHER than non-employees were paying just by bartering. :confused:
Last week a fellow emplyee bought a new DMAX- used his discount, the $1000 discount, took advantage of year-end in-stock prices, and found out he could save even more money by putting it in his son's name. By the time he's done he pays @26,500 for his new truck! (We work at GM Saturn.)
zip

Rockin
09-29-2003, 07:55
http://www.fightingchance.com