PDA

View Full Version : GM Calibration Web Site

BigO
03-12-2005, 11:22
I have tried this site many times and it does not show any information for my vin number. Does this mean there are no updates? Does the site not work anymore? Can anybody direct me to a new site or tell me what I am doing wrong. It looks self explantory. Put in your vin, hit normal and then submit.

Thanks

DmaxMaverick
03-12-2005, 17:19
I just checked the site and it's working fine. Actually, it's been greatly improved since I've been there last. You should get a response even if there are no applicable calibrations. You should have calibrations listed, though.

The site only shows calibrations available for a vehicle. It won't show you which ones you have/have not installed.

If you are getting a blank page, the VIN must be incorrect, or you have a vehicle that is not listed, which I doubt. The site first asks for your vin, then on another page, it will ask for the calibration category, and type.

If you are using a pop-up blocker, the site may not work properly. It uses a pop-up to transition from the last question page to the final info page. The pop-up will pop up, then go away. If you have pop-ups disabled for that page, it won't load the info.

BigO
03-12-2005, 20:24
Thanks for the response. It is amazing that you could tell me what was wrong but GM could not. I did have the blocker set to 0.

I do have another question, if I wanted to get these updates done what do I have to do? Can I just take the truck in and tell them to do it or do I have to have a problem with a certain part in order to get them to load the new update? I have asked them to update it before but they always say no. I have 40,000 miles on it now, so will they cover the expense or do I have to pay?

[ 03-12-2005, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: BigO ]

DmaxMaverick
03-12-2005, 21:25
If you are still under warranty, and have a good relationship with your service manager, should be no problem. If you are slightly past the warranty (like at 40K), and have a really good relationship with your S/M, they might. If you have to pay, it is only labor, no parts. It takes about 20 minutes to flash both computers, so figure on about 1/2 hour of shop rate to get it done.

Keep in mind the updates are released to deal with issues. Not all vehicles experience all issues. If you get an update, it will update them all, whether you want them or not. It is not selective. The only choice is which computer to flash. The PCM and TCM are done separately. All but the TCM are done simultaneously with the PCM. I do not suggest an update if you are not having issues. Some have done that and reported a loss in power and/or economy. Many of the updates are only diagnostic strings and communication improvements, which will do nothing to effect drivability quality.

BigO
03-15-2005, 07:04
Thanks Dmax Maverick.

I thought if they showed updates you should get them completed. This means GM found that the truck ran better etc.

Thanks again for the words of wisdom, basically, "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Driveshaft
03-19-2005, 16:25
can someone post the gm calibration site for me? i had and lost it. thanks in advance.

DmaxMaverick
03-19-2005, 18:28
http://vci.ecomm.gm.com/vci/