PDA

View Full Version : Sun Coast Transmission

GMC-2002-Dmax
06-20-2003, 15:27
Hey MAC,

Do I see road trip in the future, 21 hours at what 55mph tongue.gif , You lead so I can draft behind those flares, be there in 18 hrs, 2 tanks of fuel.

Sun Coast (http://www.suncoastconverters.com/gm.html)

GMC

sdaver
06-20-2003, 15:44
a trip thats well worth your time..............just talked to joe and here is the deal $4800 dollars for the tranny upgrade with a triple lock torque convertor plus shipping and core or drive to ft walton and they will remove/install and reprogram the tcm for $4800.00(remove and reinstall on the house) :D :D oh by the way I did fail to mention 2 yr warrenty and unlimited horsepower :D dave http://www.suncoastconverters.com/map.html

mackin
06-20-2003, 20:00
Originally posted by GMC-2002-Dmax:
Hey MAC,

Do I see road trip in the future, 21 hours at what 55mph tongue.gif , You lead so I can draft behind those flares, be there in 18 hrs, 2 tanks of fuel.

Sun Coast (http://www.suncoastconverters.com/gm.html)

GMC I'll put the "G"ay "M"ans "C"hariot up on a trailer and drag ya there !!!!! Professional grade my azz ....
tongue.gif

Daver

That isn't much of a bargain .... Do it yourself ,or drive for two + days for the same price ??? Joe has to soften up a bit .... A days + labor has to account for something in a discounted purchase price .... I'm all ears here but willl take a back seat till the price drops,or they feel more comfortable and release a kit .... This is the route I would like to take,a kit .... I'm 21 HRS away,what about the West Coast ,Mid West ,no business ?? Do they have any Northern subsidiaries near CT ??

Lets face it, I have to hook up with some tech,so it will cost me up on my end also .... I'm not droping the tranny in my driveway,and I have no Tech II .....

Mac :confused:

Kennedy
06-26-2003, 11:17
Never look a gift horse in the mouth. FREE installation is a BIG benefit...

mackin
06-26-2003, 14:57
Originally posted by kennedy:
Never look a gift horse in the mouth. FREE installation is a BIG benefit... No doubt but lets look at my scenerio ...

21 hrs away ....Two days possible more of lodging ,eats,entertainment,rental convertable vette,that's when I get there ...
Fuel,plus lodging,food and 3 days of driving back and forth,total 6 days ,lost wages also....(I'm not wiping myself driving here,no Broker tag team if he lives or exsist)

What am I going to blow 5 grand and a vacation to get a tranny ?? John call my wife will ya ...?? Let me know how you make out ...That's about 8g's for a trip to Disney !!!! Plus I have to do all the driving ... I like to fly ...

So if I lived around the courner feet would be well planted on the floor ....

I'm kicking extra hard I'm DAYS away ....

Bucking Bronco,

Mac :rolleyes:

Looks like there maybe BD trannys 10 mins from my house soon ... Victim of near by .... Hear that Suncoast ... :eek: What's it gonna be ,got any ideas?? ;)

[ 06-26-2003, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: mackin ]

Burner
06-26-2003, 21:56
Mackin, I was thinking about "your drive time" and had a thought. Why not hook up with a car dealer or transporter (Brokers) and have your truck shipped. The MOST you would pay is 1,200 bucks but I think you could do it for 800 or less. How much would it be for an install up there? Weigh the costs and let us know. ;) I know I had rather let SunCoast install mine, drive it and make it right.

.... Waiting for KingD to post on that B&D next week. ;)

Burner--------> :D

sdaver
06-27-2003, 07:00
get broker to do :D it while your on the boat :D

Kennedy
06-27-2003, 09:31
It's pretty simple, drive down and have it installed for free or pay have it shipped up and do it yourself. These guys are offering a service that is mutually beneficial...

I doubt this offer will last for long...

mackin
06-27-2003, 12:44
Originally posted by kennedy:
It's pretty simple, drive down and have it installed for free or pay have it shipped up and do it yourself. These guys are offering a service that is mutually beneficial...

I doubt this offer will last for long... Sure would be if you were a day or less drive away ...... :rolleyes:

If I were as close as Daver mine would have been done already ....

Makes no sence as any one would vouch that it is the same installed or delivered unless there core charge is included in the price.....Be realalistic as a buyer, Mr K....

Is that the deal ?? That would make more sence...Return your removed tranny and convertor for core credit off the $4800 ...That would put the sparkle back in my eye .... :eek:

Mac
:confused:

[ 06-27-2003, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: mackin ]