PDA

View Full Version : Dually Rear Brakes

Coach1
09-20-2003, 16:20
I have done a search and found nothing. My 03 Dually has wear on only 1 inch dead center of the rotor. Is anyone else having this kind of wear? They obviously can't be doing much of the breaking. The unit only has 15000 miles.

dmaxalliTech
09-20-2003, 17:53
Coach, where in MI are you? Sounds odd that your contact patch is so small, If you are near Grand Rapids, swing in and we can take a look

wushaw
09-21-2003, 14:30
Your rear brakes only do 30% of the braking.
But it is interesting your only getting partial pad contact.
I have not even looked at mine to see how they are wearing but I will look to see if it is the same.

sonofagun
09-22-2003, 13:02
Coach,

You don't mention if this is on one rotor or both. It's possible that you have a warped rotor (though that is more common on the fronts). If you can see it, be sure that the pad width is bigger than wear area that you see on the rotor. I haven't looked at mine but some vehicles pads don't cover the entire rotor (comes from using the same rotor on different weight vehicles which require different breaking force and therefore differing pad sizes). Your best bet is to swing over and see DmaxAlliTech. If it's brake related the dealer often doesn't do much on the warranty side after 12000 miles so I would get in right away to see what the cause is. A good dealer will wiggle with 3000 miles and might not with 8 or 10000.

Good luck,
Bob

Coach1
09-22-2003, 17:04
Thanks to the info I received from dmaxalliTech I now have new rotors and pads on order from the dealer. Thanks for the replies.

Coach1
09-22-2003, 17:08
Thanks to the info I received from dmaxalliTech I now have new rotors and pads on order from the dealer. And it was on both rear rotors. Thanks for the replies.

Coach1
10-03-2003, 11:45
I now have new rotors and pads. The Mech. that did the work said they are having this problem with most of the 4X4 truck. You might want to check yours.