PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate Locks

tbrowne
05-06-2002, 20:57
Has anyone tried the "Pop & Lock" tailgate lock? Looks like a quality product that can help deter theft. I've seen a couple of posts on other locks here but nothing specific about the Pop & Lock.

Sandman
05-07-2002, 05:04
Throwne

Put one on my truck amonth ago. Took less than 5 minutes. You remove one of the bolts that can be seen from the inside surface of the tailgate and replace it with one for the Pop Lock. The poplock slides under the tailgate handle and is held in place by the new bolt and very large washer.

Mine seems secure enough....sometimes need to manipulate the handle while turning the key to lock it.

Hope this helps....I've been satisfied with mine.

Wayne

MABurns
05-07-2002, 12:49
You might want to check out :

http://www.jpcustoms.com/WebPages/NEW%20STYLE%20TAILGATE%20LOCK.html

I got one, they work great. Granted they are keyed differently than the door locks but look OEM. Perhaps more so than the tailgate handle covers.

Hound
05-07-2002, 13:30
I had the Pop & Lock on my 99 Silverado and the finish on the thing was terrible. Started rusting fairly quickly. I replaced it with the Bully which doesn't cover up half of the tailgate handle opening. I didn't like the keyed separately thing tho so I put in the Pace Edwards electronic tailgate lock in my 2002. Over all none of them were too bad as each had/has their faults.

Smorey
05-07-2002, 17:41
I bought the one at JP and later learned they are about 1/2 the price at parts stores. Jaust a FYI

GMFAN70
05-07-2002, 22:20
I have the "Pop-N-Lock" electric lock (block?). $65 from Real Trucks. Install was a bi*^#h but wiring was only a chore. Everything was provided. Got lock-unlock power from the fuse panel inside the DS door.

I like it, a small level of added security. I like not having another key to deal with. What happens when the solenoid fails in the locked position? Hmmmm?