PDA

View Full Version : factory rims warp..advise needed

JEBar
07-05-2002, 14:53
Have any of you had any trouble with factory rims warping on a 3500? I've already had to replace 2 and was told by the tire shop today that all 4 currently on back are warped by at least 1/4." My truck is seldom off pavement and hasn't been used to carry any really heavy loads. Has anyone out there had such trouble with factory rims? What aftermarket rims have been found to be durable? Since the factory ones are steele and so far as I know, aftermarket ones are aluminum, can any of them be as strong? Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

odoh
07-05-2002, 22:18
Did that shop offer to sell you some rims?

I was just thinking about an experience some yrs ago w/one of our local shops in which it was pointed out to me that one of the rims off my Toyota was bent. It was allegedly sufficient enuff to prevent the bead from holding. It occurred to me now, that they could have intentional damaged it themselves. I didn't have a problem when I had driven it in and all the sudden it wouldn't hold a tire. Just a possibility ~ odoh

JEBar
07-06-2002, 05:29
They didn't mention selling me new rims but I'm sure that they would be happy to do so ... I'm just wondering if this is a typical duely problem? My truck is not driven in a manner in which I'd expect to have rim problems. :confused:

oneton
07-06-2002, 09:33
JEbar, I would have to get another opinion. They could easily make that wheel wobble if the wanted to. :rolleyes: