PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Headlight Harness Kit

zip
07-02-2002, 12:39
Do other vehicles flash their lights at ya when your lights are on using Kennedy's 4-light kit?
I don't want people to think I'm running my Bright lights all the time. (Birthday comin up-- it might be a good "gift."
zip

TLA
07-02-2002, 12:43
I've had it happen a couple of times, but I'm lowered 1.5 inches in the rear. Only happened when the 6 horse trailer was on and I didn't pay enough attention to ride height. By all means get the kit and at least the higher wattage hi-beams. You won't want to drive anything else at night!

SoMnDMAX
07-02-2002, 13:08
Nope. As long as I've got them on low beam, no problems.

The harness coupled with the 70 watt lows and the 100 watt highs is a vast improvement over the stock headlight setup. You'll be impressed!!

Silver Bullet
07-02-2002, 21:11
Zip,
I had several questions I asked of Mdrag about the harness since he had been running it for a while. I trust his judgement based on what he has done to his truck, his thorough documenting with pictures and captions, and his attention to detail. And Alli-max says you can eat off his shop floor it is so clean! He gives it 2 thumbs up and is very pleased with the performance and quality! He sold me...it is on my wish list.

Billy14
07-02-2002, 22:45
I love the harness,

Really makes a difference on the TX hill country roads with deer, cattle, horses, and anything else that might get through, or over a fence.

Only problem I've got (which I had to some degree before) is if you pull up behind a small car at a light or drive through, get ready for waving hands, mirror adjustments, stares, & maybe a waving finger or two. That seems to all go away though when you hit the BRIGHTS.

Billy

mdrag
07-02-2002, 22:51
zip,

I've not been flashed using the KD harness, and it's been on for over 6 months. Here is a link to a previous 2 page discussion on the Kennedy Harness:

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=001949&p=

IMHO, a highly recommended upgrade.

Silver Bullet,

Thanks for the vote of confidence...but watch out for Alli-max. His recent behavior ('rain gutter' intake mod :eek: ) makes me believe that he hasn't been going to therapy... ;)

This topic is being moved to the 2500HD/3500 HD Trucks & Drivetrain forum. :eek:

SoCalDMAX
07-02-2002, 23:27
Yeah, I was wondering if he'd stopped taking his meds... ;)

Regards, Steve

GBurton
07-03-2002, 01:13
Billy14 said
"Only problem I've got (which I had to some degree before) is if you pull up behind a small car at a light or drive through, get ready for waving hands, mirror adjustments, stares, & maybe a waving finger or two. That seems to all go away though when you hit the BRIGHTS."

I will share two funny stories about this problem.
1) Several years ago I was driving at night on a two-lane curvy canyon road in my GMC Van. As I approached a slow moving vehicle from the rear, I made sure that my lights were on low beam. Now it was not my fault that GMC made the low beams the upper bulbs in the quad stack, nor was it my fault that the Corvette

Kennedy
07-03-2002, 07:54
I first ran this system on my 96 GMC. I also bought PIAA super whites. I had the lenses aimed quite high to get good viewing distance. One of the PIAA lights burned out quite early so I swapped in the 70W clear Phillips, and MAN what a difference! THEN I had guys flashing me so I aimed my lights correctly (just about .5

Heavy Duty Neil
07-03-2002, 08:51
Hell, I have people flash at me all the time and I only have the stock headlight system. :mad: I even have the lights aiming in the dirt. :( I can only imagine how many times I would get flased if I added the Kennedy kit...

zip
07-03-2002, 18:10
JK--
I thought you were going to say you were getting flashed so you AIMED YOUR LIGHTS EVEN HIGHER!!!! :D :D
zip

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY ,GANG.

[ 07-03-2002: Message edited by: zip ]</p>

Kennedy
07-03-2002, 18:18
No, I flash back :D

You do NOT want to be on the receiving end of 360watts!!! :eek:

Budz
07-03-2002, 20:37
deleted

[ 07-05-2002: Message edited by: Budz ]</p>