PDA

View Full Version : Will dealer recalibrate speedo?

D-n-Tyke
07-02-2002, 16:10
Well with the new lift and 35" tires on the speedo is off by just a little bit (sarcastic voice :D ). If I take it to the dealer can they recalibrate the speedo to read the correct mph or do I just get to live with it?

SoCalDMAX
07-02-2002, 16:21
BWHAHAHAHA!!

"Off by just a little bit..." I'm thinking up around 15% -16% or so, my 33s are off by 9%, I just round off to 10%.

The bad news is, no, the dealer won't recal for the speedo. GM doesn't want to do it.

The good news is, your warranty on the rest of your stock parts is gonna be 15% longer... ;)

I heard someone mention a device to do it yourself, but then someone else said they didn't have any success with it. That was quite a while ago, maybe they've got it working right by now.

Any good news on getting the vibration solved?

Good luck, Steve

D-n-Tyke
07-02-2002, 16:33
Havn't heard anything on the vibration yet. It is in the shop as we type. I am suppose to get her back tonight. We'll see if they could figure it out. It is really funny, it only vibrates b/w 58-63 mph with the foot on the gas. Any slow, any fast now vib, foot off the gas no vib. Hopefully it was something stupid and they could fix it. I still have to get over there and show off my baby to a fellow Dmax. So far the only people I have been able to show her off to are all PSD owners tongue.gif . Oh darn...

Jake99Z71
07-02-2002, 18:25
D-n-Tyke,
Superlift makes a unit called TruSpeed. This unit can be wired in permanently to the vehicle speed sensor. It allows you to have two different tire settings. You can adjust it to 1% or better. A real simple install. I know of one other guy here who has one too. This unit sells for $150-$235.

SoCalDMAX
07-03-2002, 11:03
You know, I don't have any real issues with the speedo being off. I know how far off it is and adjust my driving speed acordingly.

The good side is the increased warr. (minimal really), lower rpms and the tranny shift points are based on perceived speed, so tranny locks/unlocks at a higher speed, shifts higher, etc. I like it enough that I'm not bothering to try and fix it.

Regards, Steve

DURA-MAX3
07-03-2002, 15:53
the dealer i took my truck to hooked up the computer and selected the tire size that was already in the truck memory and selected it and my speedometer is correct with the 265-75s on it.