PDA

View Full Version : grease fittings!!!

Grizz272
06-01-2003, 12:39
This is going to sound stupid . I bought a new grease gun and I was using it on the left lower ball joint and I can't get the nozzle off the grease fitting. The old gun work fine but this new one will not come off. It slid on and off the upper ball joint ok and the tie rod end fine but it stuck good on the lower.
The nozzle slides up and down a little. but that is it.
Any suggestions? :mad:

nukedmax
06-01-2003, 13:00
Grizz Not unusual on a new gun. Great fun to give a new gun to a new mechanic and see how long it takes before he asks for help.

The only advice is to push the nozzle twards the zerk and bend it to the side a little. It will usually come off then. After a little wear, it won't be so sticky.

Good luck.

Grizz272
06-01-2003, 14:40
The nozzle is off. I had to take the hose off and grabbed the nozzle with a pair os side cutters and almost fell on mt a$$ it came off so easy . :D

Victory Red
06-02-2003, 04:04
I had a similiar issue just in reverse. I bought a brand new pistol grip w 12" flex hose grease gun and couldn't get the tip on the fittings. Still haven't tried again, but I have played with the springs to loosen them up. Figures you go out and replace something that should make things easier, but causes more problems.

Grizz272
06-02-2003, 04:15
I know what you mean. Just to be safe I took the nozzle off the old gun and put it on the new hose at least it goes on and off now.