PDA

View Full Version : Clock resetting?

SHOPMAN426
05-31-2003, 12:27
Well it's happen twice now. Has the time on your clock reset by it self? I wonder if I'm loosing one of my batteries? The truck is comming up on it's second year and it normally sits all week without being started. Does anybody know which battery runs the clock?

Thanks,
SHOPMAN426.
Mike. :eek: :eek: :eek:

BADMAX
05-31-2003, 12:59
Check for leaking battery. loose or corroded terminals, you will have to unbolt them from battery to see. check all pos&neg connections at both cable ends. A loose connection might be at fault. KEVIN

heartbeatcanada
05-31-2003, 14:49
SHOPMAN426

I think its a problem with the radio, if i rememeber reading about it a while back. As far as i remember GM will give you a new radio. I have had the same problem about 7-8 times in the past year and half. Just the time resets, your pre-sets stations all stay, right? If this is the case do a search and it should come up. I haven't taken mine in to get the new radio, as it doesn't happen enough to pi$$ me off. It would give me an excuse to upgrade if it were to quiet all together anyways. Hope this helps.

FirstDiesel
05-31-2003, 15:48
First

Both batteries are in parallel, so both run everything in the truck.

Second

The problem is the radio. Do a search and you'll see a bunch of people have seen this issue. Not lately though. Mine has done it twice in the last year. I'm waiting to see if it happens again before I worry about going to the dealer with it.

DuramaxDicko
05-31-2003, 16:44
I may be off base here, but i rembember reading in the owners manual that you can set your clock to an FM station where the FM station sends down the time and your clock sets to that local time.
May want to look in the manual and see if you have this feature and maybe that is not set correctly, since your not having your stations reset, doesn't seem like the battery is the problem.

FirstDiesel
05-31-2003, 20:20
Never read/heard the radio station thing. No it's not the batteries, it's the radio. Search this site and you will see people have gotten the radios replaced because of it.

DuramaxDicko
06-01-2003, 02:20
On page 3-65 talks about how to use the RDS on your radio also on page 3-92 talks about errors that can receive from FM stations.. doesn't go into a lot of detail.... just like me..... I don't have the truck, but picked up the owneres manual so I can get a taste of how things should work once the truck gets here on June 17.

FirstDiesel
06-01-2003, 07:06
Must be something for a 2003 model. The 2002 book only goes to page 3-26 and makes no mention of anything like that. The clock in a 2001/2002 gets set with the pushbuttons. There is nothing called RDS. There are 2001/2002 that lose the clocks settings all by themselves though.

SHOPMAN426
06-01-2003, 13:33
Thanks guys,

When the clock resets, it goes back to 12:00. The fist time I noticed it right away. I have not lost any presets so far. I guess it is time to get this thing in, now that I have three items to be adressed. I guess thats not too bad for the first two years, this will be the first visit since I got the rig back in August of 2001.

Again, thanks.
SHOPMAN426.
Mike. :cool: :cool: