PDA

View Full Version : Amsoil Tranny fluid?

Albee
04-22-2004, 15:08
OK, I am going to change my tranny fluid to Amsoil synthetic, but I am not sure which one to get. The regular DEXRON III ATF or the newer Torque Shift tranny fluid that meets the Allison TES 295 standard. The Torque Shift is also Dexron III rated but also meets the TES 295. Which one should be used in the Allison 1000? Thanks.

Bigwheel
04-23-2004, 06:27
Albee,
I hear Amsoil just released a few months ago, synthetic tranny oil just for the Allison, called Torque-Drive, because there was no way of getting the same tranny oil that Allison used, but through the channels so people had to pay a hefty price for it. It's on my list to order, I'm using the Amsoil 15w-40 marine, runs great, but opinions will prevail. Here's a product info page:
http://www.amsoil.com/products/atd.htm
Thanks

http://www.amsoil.com/products/atd.htm

LanduytG
04-23-2004, 08:52
You want to use the Torque Drive ATF. Price is $107.20 for two 10 quart jugs plus about $12 shipping.

Greg

handgun
04-23-2004, 09:55
Just to add to the confusion, I called Amsoil tech help when it was time to do mine. They said to use the ATF as the torque shift was for larger Allisons.

Albee
04-23-2004, 14:53
Handgun, that was my primary concern. I wasn't sure if the new stuff was for the larger ones and use the regular synthentic ATF with the 1000. Hmmmm, maybe I should call them myself. How long ago did you call?

Art Freeman
04-26-2004, 10:46
ttt

Does anybody know the answer?

MTTwister
04-26-2004, 13:58
IMHO - I'd go with LanduytG's answer. Think he knows his lubes.

handgun
04-29-2004, 07:53
Albee.
Talked to them 3-4 weeks ago. I've been pleased in the past whenever I went to them for help.

Rick

LanduytG
04-29-2004, 13:09
Torque drive is the very same thing as Transyd. Amsoils idea is that Transyd is not needed because their regular ATF is plenty good enough for the job in a stock configuration. Well I can tell you that if you do a box that puts out some HP Dextron III or the Amsoil Universal will let the trans slip a bit. But if you use the Transyd or Amsoils Torque Drive you will not have any problem. Torque Drive is only $2 more than Universal ATF in 5 gallon quantities. So which one would I use with r without a box Torque Drive or Transyd. Torque Drive is about $10 a gallon cheaper than Transyd. As far as the Allison extended warranty goes that is only available on P chassis or heavy duty applications.

Greg

handgun
04-30-2004, 07:13
Greg,
Thank you for the information. It makes sense and I probably didn't know enough to ask Amsoil the right questions. Would there be any problem mixing the two Amsoil fluids? I was getting ready to do a drain and refill just to get more "old" fluid out.

Rick