PDA

View Full Version : 4WD indicator light

wxmn6
04-01-2004, 13:41
I have '02 Silverado with electronic transfer case button (but NOT with AUTO 4wd). I recently was going through my owner manual booklet and I saw a diagram of dashboard. It showed that there is supposely to be "4x4" indicator light on upper left corner of the dashboard, above the gauges. Ever since I took delivery of truck, that 4x4 light on the dash never lit up at all when I am in 4WD. Yes, the electronic transfer case button does indicate which mode I am in, but I don't always pay attention to that little dot of light. With 4x4 indicator light on the dash, it would remind me much easier that it is on.

So I am not sure if it is either a burnt light bulb for "4x4", or it does not lit up on all trucks with electronic transfer case? Thanks.

2K2AD
04-01-2004, 14:08
The dashboard is the same for both manual and auto transfer case equipped trucks. The light is not enabled on auto transfer case trucks. It is not very hard to enable this feature, do a search and you'll fing step by step instructions.

Kevin

wxmn6
04-02-2004, 20:04
Thanks. Just did the search and found out how to do it. smile.gif

DieselDavy
04-04-2004, 08:49
What did you search for? I can't find the info.
Thanks
Dave

wxmn6
04-04-2004, 12:07
Here's one of thread that I found.

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=002850

Just a warning for some of you who might be reading this - I think I read somewhere that the '03 & '04 are not the same as the previous model years.