PDA

View Full Version : Rear door panel removal

sonofagun
02-20-2003, 16:12
I know this is easy but I don't know how!!!

The child lock on my rear passenger door is stuck in the child proof position and no one can open the door from the inside. The Dealer would fix it but they get it all day, etc. Gotta be easy...

Who can tell me how to get it off without damaging something?

Thanks,
Bob

hoot
02-20-2003, 16:56
It's pretty easy. There's a contoured plastic filler under the inside door handle you need to pop off to get to a screw. There are screws on the bottom.Oh, I think there's a screw under the power window switch. That section simply pries up.

After all the screws are out you simply lift the door panel about an inch. Be careful of the wires still hanging on. I forget if the back door has a light. If it does, once you get the door loose reach in ad twist the socket to release it.

[ 02-20-2003: Message edited by: hoot ]</p>

motovet
02-21-2003, 01:40
The rears don't have the screw behind the switch, just by the grab handle and at the bottom. You can take out the light first and remove the bulb and socket. After pulling the panel you can disconnect the window switch wire...you are done.

sonofagun
02-21-2003, 12:37
Thanks guys, goin after it this weekend.

Best to all,

Bob

RichBailey
02-21-2003, 13:19
I just took all of my doors apart to install the Cadillac Escalade door handles, so am a temporary expert. The back door is very easy. You will need a 7mm nutdriver or 7mm socket to remove the 2 screws.

1. Use a flat blade and popout light/reflector, unplug light.
2. Remove screw at bottom front of panel.
3. Remove screw under armrest. It is in a well and somewhat hard to see.
4. Use a flat blade and popout the plastic panel that surrounds the door handle.
5. Lift straight up on door panel about 1" and panel will come free.
6. Unplug wire harness to door.

Takes longer to type than to do.