PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Washer Pump R&R

CCR91
12-27-2005, 07:04
This may seem routine, but it may help someone in the future.

Truck: 2001 2500HD TD with Allison, 44551 miles.

Indications: Filled washer resovoir and within a few days, DIC indicated Low Washer Fluid. Did not find an obvious leak other than a few small drops on the ground that I attributed to spillage. Pump still functioned. Thought maybe the fluid level indicator had failed. Was at the dump with the truck idling for an extended perioed of time, finally saw a steady stream leaking under the resovoir.

Fix: Remove the inner-fender and the primary battery to access the resovoir. Remove the power plug, fluid level plug, and hose. May be able to get by without removing inner-fender but will be difficult.

Initial inspection of the pump assymbly lead me to believe the seal had failed. However, when I removed the pump from the resovoir, it came apart in my hand. The entire pump housing was cracked and allowed water to leak out.

New pump at dealer (new part number 89025062, old part number 22127653) total $55.38. Cost at GMParts Direct $33 including shipping. Went with the dealer since I had to get it back together. Might also want to buy a handfull of extra fasteners for inner-fender to replace the ones destroyed when removing. New pump comes with a new seal.

Overall easy fix.

Corey

jbplock
12-27-2005, 07:11
Corey,

Great info ...Thanks for taking the time to post it! http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif I'm sure this will come in handy for others in the future ..

smile.gif