PDA

View Full Version : hummer wheels on a 06 1 ton...

spongebob
12-25-2005, 19:04
are they gona fit on the rear end without any machining??
oh please say yes...

DmaxMaverick
12-25-2005, 19:44
Did Santa bring you some?

SRW?

They will on the rear, no problem. Front may require some creativity. Many have done it on previous years, and I'm not aware of any changes for '06 that would make it any different.

DRW? (of course not, but gotta' ask)

You're on your own!

Merry Christmas!

spongebob
12-26-2005, 09:08
yes, i bought what look to be brand new hummer wheels and already have 265/70/17E tires mounted, im just waiting for my truck to get here.. i was concerned with this locker rear axle..and if it would clear. the front shouldnt be a problem...should it?

it'll be a SRW..

DmaxMaverick
12-26-2005, 12:49
Several folks have installed Hummer wheels/tires on previous year models successfully. There may be some clearance issues with the front end, namely the lower/rear edge of the bumper and trim. The bumper and trim has changed more than any of the structural parts, so I can't say. Some trimming may be required, but hasn't been a real issue. On mine, the only issues I had (I removed the lower air dam, completely) was the inner fender tub. I used a heat gun and tie-wraps to remold the tub to clear the tires (285/75/16 on Centerline 16x8 w/4-5/8" backspace--Click on the "truck stuff pic's link in my sig. for pic's), and again when I installed the Kennedy Diesel Mega filter. After a while, the tie-wraps (aka: zip ties) weren't needed, as the plastic stays where I molded it. While your tires won't be any larger than mine, the wheel offset will be the only real difference.

In any case, you should be able to fit them with minimal modification, if any (some said they fit with no rubbing, even with 315 tires). Some cranking up of the torsion bars may be required, but you'd probably do that anyway. Hard to say with 265's, but it may not require any help. The rear should require no mod. The locker is the same, externally, as a non-locker. The hummer wheels are larger than the OEM, so you'll have no brake or axle clearance issues.

spongebob
12-26-2005, 13:11
thanks Dmax, ill sleep better now... :D

oyazi
12-28-2005, 22:39
Hmm-m, are you already blissfully asleep? :D I'm thinking the H2 wheels are like the older DMax's where the lug nuts are cone shaped (mine are) and IIRC 05 and later aren't?