PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Tahoe & Yukon

More Power
12-23-2005, 16:10
We've had the Tahoe article (http://www.thedieselpage.com/features/2007Tahoe.htm) up for about a month now, but I've just added a pic of the new Yukon. smile.gif

Jim

OC_DMAX
12-24-2005, 21:30
In this forum, there are dates posted for the conversion of the various manufacturing plants that will produce the GMT-900 based vehicles. Anyone on the forum who works at these plants (or knows someone who does) may have more up-to-date info.

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4227

More Power
12-29-2005, 11:11
It's all up in the air as to when and where the GMT900's will go into production (2500HD/3500). A lot depends on sales of the existing GMT800 and the competitive and economic climates during the first 2 quarters of calendar year 2006.

Flint & Pontiac are where the current trucks are being built.

I really hope the GMC trucks use a different front-end than that used by the Yukon.... :rolleyes:

Jim

ToddMeister
12-30-2005, 04:34
Originally posted by More Power:
It's all up in the air as to when and where the GMT900's will go into production (2500HD/3500). A lot depends on sales of the existing GMT800 and the competitive and economic climates during the first 2 quarters of calendar year 2006.

Flint & Pontiac are where the current trucks are being built.

I really hope the GMC trucks use a different front-end than that used by the Yukon.... :rolleyes:

Jim Yeah, I also don't like the front end of the GMC at all. Looks cheap to me... :(

OC_DMAX
12-31-2005, 05:45
Everyone has their own opinions on vehicle looks.

For me, the 2003-2004 Chevy truck front-ends are terrible (as equipped from the factory - though I have seen vehicles with mods that make them look substantially better). The front does not match the back of the vehicle. In 2005, GM improved the looks a bit with the raised hood. The GMC on the has always looked good. I still like the looks of my 2002 Chevy 2500HD. Too bad they just don't sell it with an LBZ and 6 speed Allison, I would go out and buy one right now!!

With regard to the 2007 Tahoe article, I agree with both of your opinions on the GMC. The headlights are too BIG. GM also appears to be going with the sharp edges at the hood/fender interface (on the front), yet the back portion of the vehicle has a rounded look. Similar to the 2003-2005 Chevy trucks. Seems like the designers are confused. The other thing I noticed is the "smallish looking" wheel wells. GM needs to open these up a little bit for people that like to customize their vehicles with larger tires. Sometimes it hard to see everything in a picture, so a visit to the dealers lot in a month or so is probably appropriate.

I bet we will be seeing the HD trucks sooner than later (Hopefully by early 2007 on dealer lots). GM needs to generate profit from their vehicle sales and they cannot continue to be moving vehicles with "Employee Pricing" (or similar sales campaigns - which seems to be the mode they are in now). They need new and desireable product to be able to accomplish this.

OC_DMAX
01-03-2006, 16:15
I just received the February, 2006 issue of Motor Trend in the mail. In this issue, they test the 2007 Tahoe. The vehicle looks identical to the one in the article MorePower posted above.

In general, the magazine liked the vehicle. They had a lot of nice comments about the interior. Not too much to say about the outside. The prices are still high. So time will tell how well they sell (and for how long before rebates begin to appear again).

More Power
01-03-2006, 22:26
Saw a Chevy ad on TV last night showcasing the 2007 Tahoe... Said they'll be available in February - as in next month... Seems a little early for a model year introduction...

Jim

DieselEnvy
01-07-2006, 06:57
I saw a 2007 Yukon in person at a GMC traveling road show about a month or two ago. The front end is a little funny looking............almost like an Escalade. BUT, the truck as a whole looks "bigger".......more hulking...... Probably the similar illusion that Dodge has used with the Ram trucks.

......After all, ask any layperson, and they'll say that the Rams look "gigantic." :rolleyes:

OC_DMAX
01-08-2006, 06:21
The February issue of Car and Driver also tests the 2007 Tahoe. This magazine has more pictures than Motor Trend. The interior looks really good!

I don't need a new SUV, but hope the bring these interiors to the new trucks! I want a 2nd year production GMT-900 based truck.