PDA

View Full Version : Transynd

durahaulin
03-24-2004, 12:20
I was wondering if anyone has checked to see if Castrol full synthetic dexron was the same as Transynd marketed by Allison from Castrol?

Thanks,
Bill

LA DMAX
03-24-2004, 17:59
If it meets the TES 295 standard than it might be. Do you have a quart to look at?

LA DMAX

durahaulin
03-25-2004, 04:20
No, I don't, But next time I'm at Kragen I will check that. I did go to the Castrol website and asked the Castrol answer man. Haven't heard back yet though. If it were, I don't think that Castrol would open that can of worms. :rolleyes:

Thanks,
Bill

durahaulin
03-25-2004, 11:51
Well, I got the response from Castrol and they clearly stated that they were not the same. They also said that Castrol Mercon/Dexron III synthetic did not meet the TES 295 standard. I guess I will be visiting my nearest Allison dealer soon. Kragen would have been way to convenient and cheap anyway and would have taken all the fun out of the quest.

So long for now,
Bill

jbplock
03-26-2004, 01:46
Originally posted by LA DMAX:
If it meets the TES 295 standard than it might be... LA DMAX LA DMAX,

Just curious... What is the TES 295 standard?

Luis
03-28-2004, 04:34
Apparently Allison won't release the TES 295 standard for others to make a fluid that will work and come with a warranty, thus maintaining control of the synthetic market. Check out AMSOIL (some members here are dealers and you can order through thier websites). AMSOIL makes a 100% synthetic transmission fluid called TORQUE-DRIVE and it meets the TES295 or C-4, Dextron III, Mercon, TE-ML 14c. They will warrant any transmission failure caused by their fluid. You will probably find the cost is less than the Transynd. smile.gif