PDA

View Full Version : Broken inner fender liner!

GMCTRUCK
02-19-2003, 10:00
Now that my truck has thawed in the garage (after the 20 inches of snow we got) I found half of my right front inner fender liner was gone. Apparently the snow gets trapped between the plastic airdam below the "bumper" and the inner fender liner and when you attempt to drive through the snow piles left in front of driveways or parking lots by the snow plows you risk breaking the inner liner. Just called the dealer. They knew exactly what happened from experience and right off the bat told me GM won't cover it. He was symapthetic which was very comforting. :mad:

JimWilson
02-19-2003, 16:25
Baloney! You have a brand new truck -- I'd sure be telling them they had d@mn well better cover it. :mad:

GMCTRUCK
02-19-2003, 17:15
I called another GMC dealer and they told me the same thing. So I had my buddy order me a new one through his body shop. His Goodwrench parts guy said its not uncommon.

Toddster
02-20-2003, 10:54
Dude, my 33's are shredding my plastic fantastic inner fenders :mad: If them fraekin' cheap a$$ plastic retainers would hold I dont think I would have much of a problem....I was loosing them retainers with the stock pizza cutters on ! :mad: Ltts go to Maggies and talk about this delima ! ;)

GMCTRUCK
02-20-2003, 15:47
Toddster, sounds like a plan. Inner fender was $25 and took 15 minutes to swap only because mudflap had to come off also.

GMC-2002-Dmax
02-20-2003, 16:19
Well,

Is this an open invitation~!!~ :(

Lemme Know, with a little notice PLEASE!! :D

GMC,

P.S. Should we invit MAC, Bill, And Terry :eek:

Buck
02-22-2003, 01:36
I blew a golf ball size hole :( in the driver side liner on mine, up Kennedy's way last summer! I agree, these liners need some help :eek: